+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Nicky1977: I really hope that the GD goes away. Insulin isn't even working for me anymore. I also hope bub can cope with the sugar level once he is out. This is my most concerned since i don't have any success on hand expressing so far. The hospital wants me to bring in colostrum....

Hope you are settling well with Matthew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Test your levels a few times after baby is born I expect they should be lower. In pregnancy our hormonal changes make our bodies less responsive to insulin and in our case we have had increased insulin demand which the pancreas can't keep up with. This increased insulin demand should go when baby is born. They tested Matthew's blood sugar at 1 and 4 hours post birth and they were ok, I'm not totally sure but they may do more with your baby if your GD has been unstable. I don't like hand expressing at all, though I can do it, I have a manual pump, warmth helps as well so maybe try expressing after a nice warm shower and you may have more success hopefully.

We are settled quite well. Matthew generally settles very well at night, not too good with daytime naps after about six weeks, every third day when he gets tired he will give in and take daytime naps. He knows what he wants though, lol before I was holding him up against me his head above my shoulder and he edged himself down lower and lower down to my breast and opened his mouth lol, no confusion there that he was hungry, had to laugh at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nicky1977: my glucose level becomes out of control after 37w. I have done way too much on the diet and have been losing weight ever since 30w. Luckily the loss is gradual and bub replaces it with weight gain. 37w was when OB decided to put me on insulin. It started working for 2 days so I thought I could eat something other than vita weat for breakfast. Yes, that's what I had been eating in the last few months for breakfast. When it started working, I wished I started the insulin earlier so I could enjoy food a bit more. Unfortunately, it worked for 2 days then stopped working. I wonder if that has anything to do with me getting a mild cold. Now, I am back to vita weat. Anyway, one more day to go.

Ya, hand expressing just doesn't seem to work at all. The lactation consultant said the breast pump won't work at all to get the colostrum in this early stage so I didn't even think of trying. Guess what? You reminded me so I got it out. It just for the purpose of doing the right massaging. To my surprise, I actually got couple of tiny drops just with the massage mode! The sad news is that it might be too little to worth anything. I did try to draw them into the syringe.....

Baby certainly has instinct to search for milk. glad to hear that Matthew is a lot of fun now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's pretty hard to get the colostrum with their not being much of it, I never tried for the colostrum though. It's quite funny to get the milk after it comes in to watch it squirting down the tube and think wow I'm producing this milk.

That sounds like such a nightmare with the GD. I'm glad at least you got a 2 day break from the vita wheat. It will be such a relief when you can have a more varied diet after baby is born. And you will feel hungry when you are breastfeeding as well.

Best of luck for later today, will be awaiting news of the new arrival

Thanks
    Reviews
    This photo is of Matthew at 2 months
    Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our baby boy arrived on Tuesday via induction. Everything went somewhat smoothly. The challenge now is to get the milk coming through.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations @bbhope. Glad it went well. Enjoy your new bubba boy x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Our baby boy arrived on Tuesday via induction. Everything went somewhat smoothly. The challenge now is to get the milk coming through.
    Congrats!! Try not to stress about the milk. It can take a few days to come in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww congratulations @bbhope Enjoy ur little baby boy. It can take a few days for the milk to come in (mine was about day 5 or 6 from memory).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @bbhope such exciting news. Enjoy those newborns cuddles and don't stress about milk, it will come in when it comes in. Mine took a good 4 or 5 days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (17-10-2015)