+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby boy born Friday 4th @ 38+2wks via caeser due to large for dates and history. 4.7kg, 55cms. Both doing well. Bit mucousy though, and a lot cleaner than my other 2 vaginal born bubs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015! #2

Congratulations @PinkPopsicle! Wow what a big boy!! Hope all is going well x
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 05-09-2015 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a super quick note to say, YES, I'm still alive. I am in total awe of those with newborn babies who manage to get onto the computer and keep up with Bubhub. I am normally such an organised person, but have kind of struggled with the whole "baby takes up the entire day breastfeeding" and have literally not a spare moment to do anything unrelated to my beautiful baby. I do think of you all, almost all the time.

I've been going to a breastfeeding support group to try to sort out all the issues - e.g.
    - excruciating pain when latching
    - or the opposite and won't latch,
    - takes the whole session to feed, leaving no time at the end to do anything but have a quick shower or heat some prepared frozen meals (that thankfully I made when pregnant),
    - baby not putting on any weight, so am having to express at the end of each breastfeeding session,
    - not having enough expressed milk, so having to top-up with formula etc etc
    You get the gist. It is getting better (hence why I found a pare 5 minutes to jump on here). Anyhow, my alarm has gone off, warning me to start next feeding session, so hopefully things will get better, as I get better at this feeding regime thing!! And to think I can control 350 school students in an assembly, but can't work out one tiny baby's feeding habits!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! @PinkPopsicle!

Another stupid question. Is there a different between maternity pad and normal period pad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PinkPopsicle wow that is a big baby!! Congrats and I'm glad u didn't have to push bub out. Ouch
    @MGC Bertie oh hun sorry to hear that you're having b'feeding issues. Have u tried using nipple shields? Helped save my nipples from the constant feeding. I does get easier so hang in there if u can
    @bbhope yes mat pads are thicker and longer and there is no way you would want to use them at any other time than post birth depending on your flow you may only need them for a couple of days before using regular pads.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015! #2

@MGC Bertie - I am in the same boat... Feed, top-up, pump & repeat. Its been like this for 4 weeks. I've got a combo of low supply, and a lazy sucker. I'm on motillium and fenugreek to increase supply, but I can't help my lazy bub.

I've seen two LCs, plus the MCH nurses... All have a slightly different approach. At this point, I'll be happy if I can seen him off the formula top-up and only have EBM. But it's hard. You're supposed to pump within the hour of starting a feed, and I am alway running into the 2nd hour. So annoying, but at bubs is finally gaining. Being told you're essentially starving your child is the worst.

Feel free to PM me, I've tried everything the past few weeks (SNS, feeding via tube, pumping / not pumping, the list goes on...)
    Last edited by ilex; 08-09-2015 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So induction is now on the table. Midwife did say that if bub is growing the right size, there is no reason to induce. However, it sounds like OB wants the baby out earlier to be on the safe side due to GD. 38w....so not long to go now and am a bit freaking out. I lost my hospital bag list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hub is a week old already! He's so good he feeds roughly 3hrly, I try to feed once I notice his feed cues, wees every feed and is putting weight back on.
    Those having feeding issues its so worth persevering. Although if you don't want to continue breastfeeding you don't have to :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I have finally managed to get onto Bubhub, mean to often but as is the case with a baby in the house it doesn't quite like that, so I know what you mean @MGC Bertie. Sorry to hear that you have those issues with breastfeeding @MGC Bertie and @lileitak hope things improve. I tend to find my baby Matthew feeds well however he becomes a restless and animated feeder in the evening at times either coming off the breast very frequently and having to be re-latched, or coming off the breast crying. This morning he has been cluster feeding (as I have read can happen at 6-8 weeks) well I certainly haven't been following rules about which breast to feed with while this has been going on, just whichever feels less tender at the time, but they are still both getting a fair turn. I had a breastfeeding counsellor recommend that I let Matthew use me as a dummy, apart from that not being very practical in that I wouldn't get anything done I think I would get very sore doing that (and hence more likely to give up breastfeeding early). When it's all said and done we all have to do whatever we feel is right for ourselves and our baby.

Congratulations to @AceOfBase and @PinkPopsicle for the birth of your baby boys, lovely news

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (27-10-2015),ilex  (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies, I got Matthew's passport as we are going overseas for 3 months in November. And what an ordeal it was. I was told that a senior officer would have to make a decision on if he could have a passport as his father is a donor so no father's name on the birth certificate and they might deny it, anyway my fertility clinic gave me a letter explaining the situation in no uncertain terms and that the donor's identity is confidential. The biggest ordeal however was actually getting a passport photo, the criteria is he had to have his eyes open, looking at the camera with a neutral expression and nothing in front of his face (he loves putting his hands there). Now he was 5 weeks old at the time so you can imagine trying to get such a picture of a 5 week old, he was sleeping and we had to keep waking him and getting him into position he did not like it and kept crying. It distressed me to see him so upset. Eventually it worked when I fed him a bit to satisfy him but not too much to make him sleepy again, and that's what I would advise any of you to do if you need a passport photo for your baby anytime soon. Babies are basically expected to act like an adult. I think it was more luck that we managed to get a photo. I then became infuriated when my friend in the uk told me she didn't have any of that when she had to get passport photos for her boys when they were a similar age and they were just laid asleep on a white changing mat, and I checked their criteria and sure enough that was fine. It's incredible as babies change so much and the passport is valid for 5 years.

Anyway after my rant I hope everyone is doing well. I think most of us are busy with our babies