+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due July/August/September 2015! #2

Roll Call for IVF Babies due July / Aug / Sept 2015:

Babies Arrived

Tilkah (?) - twin girl Anelia and boy Jaegar born 28 May (at 35w 1d)
    KayzB (Melb) - twin
    girl and boy born 3 June (at 34w 6d)
    TeamCarts (Perth) - DS born Sep 2013. Baby girl born 11 June (at 36w 3d)
    Akakura (Melbourne) - baby girl Xanthe born 25 June (at 39w 3d)
    Rocky27 (Qld) - baby girl Hannah born c-section 26 June (at 36w 4d)
    GingerMillie (Adelaide) - baby girl born c-section 2 July (at 36w 4d)
    Apolly (Newcastle) - DS born 2012. Baby #2 baby boy Ethan born c-section 3 July (at 39w 0d)
    Jen182 (Sydney) - baby boy Camden born 14 July (at 39w 6d)
    Essence08 (Melb) - baby boy Hunter born c-section 21/7/15 (at 39w1d)
    Nicky1977 (Adelaide) - baby boy Matthew born 22/7/15 (at 38w6d)
    Beananksta (?) - baby boy Ashwin born 29/7/15 (at 35w?d)

Due Dates

HawkNest (Brisbane) - EDD 18 July
    MrsSG (Melb) - baby girl EDD 27 July
    Lileitak (Melb) - baby boy EDD 3 August
    Funchu (Sydney) - EDD 11 August
    SallyGirl (?) - EDD 16 August
    Ladydee (Gold Coast) - DD born 2012. Baby #2 baby boy EDD 17 August
    Cheekyhumour (?) - EDD 17 August
    Bubs4Kylee (Sydney) - EDD 18 August
    Mushy (Pilbara WA) - EDD 24 August
    Looloo711 (Newcastle) - EDD 26 August

MGC Bertie (Sydney) - baby girl EDD 27 August
    Twinkley (Brisbane) - EDD 29 August
    Teeja (?) - EDD 29 August
    LuckyMe1 (?) - EDD 29 August
    AceofBase (Sydney) - baby boy EDD c-section 2 Sept
    Ladyamalthea (?) - EDD 12 Sept
    Bbhope (Perth) - EDD 15 Oct

Need to Confirm Due Dates

JasmineCook85 (Far North Qld)
    RoosterD
    Meikz
    BrightSunshine
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 01-08-2015 at 22:25.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (28-07-2015),bbhope  (28-07-2015),Essence08  (30-07-2015),gingermillie  (29-07-2015),ilex  (30-07-2015),Nicky1977  (29-07-2015),TeamCarts  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @Nicky1977, so happy Matthew is finally here! So sorry you had a traumatic birth, good news bub wasn't distressed though. I hope you are recovering as best can be, you've been through a lot!

Best wishes with getting Matthew sleeping, my DS1 was a bad sleeper, I know how tough it can be. Using a dummy for comfort is the way to go!

For uploading pics, when replying to a thread, click on Go Advanced and then click on Manage Attachments to download your pics. That’s what I did earlier and it seemed to have worked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Nicky1977  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations @Essence08, @Jen182 and @Nicky1977! Lovely to hear your baby news.

Nicky my girl is almost 4 weeks old now and I have broken so many 'things I'd never do', including trying a dummy! Unfortunately my girl doesn't like it dammit!! All the best with Matthew and just do what it takes. There's no right way or wrong way, just the way it works best for you guys. Sorry to hear of the difficult birth and wishing you a speedy recovery.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Essence08  (30-07-2015),Nicky1977  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Nicky1977! Sorry to hear that you had a traumatic birth. Glad to hear your announcement for sure! Wish you speedy recovery.

@AceOfBase: i bought an accuchek performa as well because it was on sale ATM. The website shows two models so i might have a different model than yours. The lancing device comes with it (fastclix) but i have to buy lancets and test strips separately. I cant see the reason why one should register the NDSS. What's the disadvantage of it? The test strip is $50+ per 100. Subsidised price is ~$17 per 100. You have to read the NDSS website. I recall some wording about pre-diabetic isn't eligible so I would recommend you to get on the list now using GD as the reason. I feel like 2hr after meal is a better indicator than 1 hr because sometime it can take me 30 mins to eat my lunch/dinner! I am a slow eater.....Anyway, i'll do 1 hr per educator instruction.

Yes, i think i'll get a bump shot. Just after hearing DH comment, i feel a bit bad about seeing myself like a walking balloon in the mirror. Haha...

@MGC Bertie: thanks for the roll call. EDD 15 Oct. Given that i have GD, OB might want to induce early. I might end up with a sept bub.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-07-2015),Nicky1977  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope and others.... interesting what you've been discussing re: GD testing kits and strips. My endocrinologist gave me the testing kit for free - well, when I say free, I think it was included in the price of his consultation that day, as it was about double than normal, but no-where on the tax invoice did it mention diabetes or the testing kit, so who knows what kind of dodgy they're pulling there. I registered for the NDSS, as the testing strips I need to use with my kit (Freestyle Lite) are about $30 without it, and $17 registered. Not a huge saving, but better than nothing.

I was also told (by both the endocrinologist and the nurse) to test 2 hours after commencing the meal. I quite often forget, or rather, get side-tracked doing other things, so I set the alarm on my phone to remind me. I do wonder how precise the timing has to be, as the first time I was over my limit (6.7), it read 7.1, so I did it again straight-away and it said 7.3. I can't see how it can be different within 20 seconds!! So now, I don't worry if I have the odd reading over my limit, and rather just watch my eating a little stricter for the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 29-07-2015 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie: the diabetic educator was also wanted to give me the free kit yesterday but i told her that i already got one. I am sure that it is included in the consultation price! No discount for not taking it?!? Well, for the sale price, i literally got the monitor for free anyway so am not going to complain. No, the timing isn't that important but half an hour late like i did the first day will certainly screw up the result. The accuracy is +/- 0.5. I thought 2hr is from the time i finish meal. Apparently, i should start counting on my first bite.

I would think 2 hr is a more sensible time for testing. As i said, it normally takes me 30 mins to eat a meal sometime. I'll phone OB this afternoon and see what he says. The only struggle i have is to wait 2hr to test after breakfast because i normally want a snack before the 2hr is up. The breakfast portion they allow us to eat is way too small.........

How is the diet control going for you? Is it working?
    Last edited by bbhope; 29-07-2015 at 14:03.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, still trying to upload photos in manage attachments but keeps telling me upload failed. Will try again later or tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie thanks for new roll call. Yes baby Matthew was born at 38w6d

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many babies!! Congratulations everyone. I'm 39 + 2 day and sooo ready for this little guy to show-up! Ive been off work for nearly 3 weeks and am starting to go stir crazy.

Nicky, a girlfriend of mine had a very similar first delivery to yours and opted for a section for her second. She said it was the best decision she's made. Here's to a speedy recovery!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-07-2015),Nicky1977  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... they didn't say anything to me about reducing my breakfast portion size, as I've measured it previously and I know that I eat double the amount of cereal than what it says on the boxes as a "portion" size. Perhaps that's why I don't have a problem with waiting two hours until morning tea snack. But they did say that for dinner I had to only eat three-quarters of my dinner, wait the two hours and then eat the other quarter. I did this on and off for the first two weeks, but it made no difference to my readings, so I just eat my normal dinner, and if I'm not hungry at the two hour mark I just don't have any supper (I never used to have supper anyway). The hardest thing for me is not drinking any juice, as they said this is a big no-no, and certainly, the couple of times I've been desperate to drink some OJ, it's sent me over. My Mum has now bought me some totally unsweetened OJ, which technically should be the same as an orange (and you're allowed to eat oranges), and so far, so good.