+ Reply to Thread

Default Student Midwife looking for pregnant women - Brisbane RBWH

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy!My name is Alice and I am currently in my fourth and final year of the Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery dual degree at The University of Queensland, based at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital. As part of my degree I am required to “follow” 20 women through their pregnancy – called the Continuity of Care experience. While I do not replace your primary care giver, this experience would involve me accompanying you to your antenatal appointments, providing care and support throughout your labour and birth, as well as following up with you in the postnatal period. This program is completely voluntary and does not affect the care you receive from your primary care giver. The Continuity of Care experience is mutually beneficial in that it is a fantastic learning opportunity for myself while also providing you with an extra support person and familiar face throughout your pregnancy and birth.I appreciate that this is a special and exciting time for you and your family and would be incredibly privileged to be a part of your journey.So, if you are due to deliver at the RBWH by the end of November 2015 and are interested in the Continuity of Care experience, have any questions or want some more information, feel free to contact me.I look forward to hearing from you!Alice MasonMobile Number: 0416 912 191Email: alicemason94@hotmail.com
    Last edited by alice94; 12-08-2015 at 18:39.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    In paradise
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Alice ... welcome to BubHub.

I've just moved your thread into the seeking student midwife area, please feel free to 'bump' this thread to pop it back in the new posts, but we ask that you don't post the same thread in different sections of the forum.

Good luck with the remainder of your studies