+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I'm Anglo Saxon and my family naps. I've napped everyday since high school, my dad and brothers do the same. We are early risers though, had to get up early for work/school bus, whereas mum was always in bed when we left every morning.

I get cranky when I don't nap!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would love to be able to nap!
    My night sleep is hard enough though so If I had a nap, it would be a nightmare that evening.

I thought being pregnant would make me tired enough to nap... oh I'm tired enough, but still cannot do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Anyone elses kids wake up stupidly early every single day?

Absolutely nothing wrong with an 8 year old coming in for cuddles and possibly more sleep in the mornings! Our 5 kids have always done it from time to time. It's lovely. Even our 11 year old who has NEVER woken through the night and doesn't wake up early (which wouldn't be an issue even if he did as he's 11) still comes in for a morning cuddle. It's so nice 💜.

But yes, yelling like that about it is AWFUL😂

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I'm Indian and we have this amazing knack of being able to sleep at anytime and anywhere. My kids thankfully take after me more than DH who is the worlds worst sleeper (after his dad). Siestas are ingrained into me. At work I will sleep during my lunch break if possible. Or have a nap after work.

Most days I'm up 5-5.15am and bedtime is between 8-11pm depending on what's happening. Currently it's 8/8.30pm as I'm trying to avoid eating crap whilst watching TV after the kids go to bed so I go to bed. I only get a decent sleep at midday 3-4 a week. The rest of the time it's 10-20min.

But at the same time I can function on 2-4hrs sleep for months.

The kids were up at 5am today. After their marathon 3hr nap they were in bed by 7.30pm and asleep by 7.45am. Blame DH squarely for the wake up today as he HAS to run the bloody noisy coffee machine at 5am.
    Oh yeah, I leave the house in the mornings because my kids will wake up to anything of a morning...but of a night they slep through everything. I can't even shower without it waking them up in the am. They are still tired enough to stay in bed, though...it's just not great for them because they're tired all day. So I leave the house (when DH is home) or lie in bed and study until they stir.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Oh yeah, I leave the house in the mornings because my kids will wake up to anything of a morning...but of a night they slep through everything. I can't even shower without it waking them up in the am. They are still tired enough to stay in bed, though...it's just not great for them because they're tired all day. So I leave the house (when DH is home) or lie in bed and study until they stir.
    I often have to start work at 4.30-6am so just me moving around the house or showering occasionally can wake them but often not. DH tho doesn't understand the concept of moving quietly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Again, I never said it was wrong, just that it doesn't suit him. He doesn't cuddle and doesn't go back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    DSS wakes constantly during the night and if he wakes after 4.30 am, he is done for the night. He sits up and plays with his toys... waking his sister and us in the meantime.

He is not allowed to leave his bed until 7am now, as he will sometimes go back to sleep (RARE). Mainly because if he has woken us and we see him, he may not survive the day.

It's really annoying as he is exhausted by 11am, and we can't do anything because he is such a sook!

He does the same at his mothers so she gets him to go into her bed... He's nearly 8 FFS! He won't learn to sleep properly that way. She doesn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Again, I never said it was wrong, just that it doesn't suit him. He doesn't cuddle and doesn't go back to sleep.

It read that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    It read that way.
    Me talking specifically about MY DSS, read as "all 8 year old shouldn't sleep with their parents"... really??

I used "he" over and over. I know my DSS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone elses kids wake up stupidly early every single day?

I personally think 8 year olds belong in their own beds. I'm sure I'll be crucified for saying that but come on. as a child gets older, they should be more and more independent. if it's still going at 8, what age do you stop? is 12 still appropriate to bed share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I personally think 8 year olds belong in their own beds. I'm sure I'll be crucified for saying that but come on. as a child gets older, they should be more and more independent. if it's still going at 8, what age do you stop? is 12 still appropriate to bed share?
    Completely entitled to your opinion. I would not be comfortable with a child over 6 in bed with H and I, or even with one of us.

My main problem with it is that it makes the 'sleep' worse for DSS. It is really bad for him.