+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    It is wrong when the parents yells at him for over and hour and then says "for F sake just get in my bed and shut up". And then complains about it all the following day to the child.
    How do you know she does this? Every night? Geez, if this happens she sounds like she's really struggling!

Eta.. Just re read you didn't say she does this every night. Still, it's pretty rough for the child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    How do you know she does this? Every night? Geez, if this happens she sounds like she's really struggling!

Eta.. Just re read you didn't say she does this every night. Still, it's pretty rough for the child!
    The kids have told me several times. They are allowed to call us on the house phone whenever they want (same here) and I receive several calls a week about this and similar stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was every night.

I also don't know that struggling is right, she has always been a yeller. That's how she deals with the kids. With most people actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was waking at 5am every day someone suggested to put him to bed earlier (he was going to bed between 7-7.30am)so now we have dinner at 4.30-5pm and into bed at 6 and he sleeps until 7!
    Sleep promotes sleep!!
    It seemed so ridiculous but it has changed our lives. Also if he is over tired during the day and needs a nap, I'll make sure he has one. Otherwise his sleep over night is horrible. If he has a late night he always has a nap the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    It is wrong when the parents yells at him for over and hour and then says "for F sake just get in my bed and shut up". And then complains about it all the following day to the child.
    That's not an appropriate way to speak to a child but in no means does that make bed sharing wrong. You didn't mention the language in your initial post

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (30-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (29-07-2015),moosey  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    There's no naps in our house. My 2 year old will nap in the car sometimes if we're out for the day, but otherwise, naps are a thing of the past. And my 5 year old who is in prep still only sleeps from 7:30 - 4:30/5:30, regardless. He also never seems tired, at all. Pretty odd really. I feel like they should all be getting more sleep, but the big two don't have any issues and don't seem tired. The little one is definitely a grump and needs more sleep.
    That's why I quoted the pp who's 5 year old is having naps, because I know it's not the case for everyone, but adding up the hours the pp's kid is sleeping 12hrs a day. I'd say she's an amazing sleeper (2 of my kids have never slept 12 hours) and will probably have that sleep time somewhere else. It's pretty rare for a 5 year old to be napping every day , at least among the people I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    3hrs today I slept for 2.5hrs.

I won't force her to drop her nap when she starts school. She can always nap after school if she needs it. As kids we slept every arvo after school till yr12. Usually just 40-50min but it was rare for us to miss a nap.
    Wow. Is that a cultural thing or are you (and your family) just the type of people who needs lots of sleep?
    I start my day at 5 30am and go to bed by 11pm. If I go to bed before 10 I am awake at 3.30am for the day. A 10 min nap in the middle of the day will see me through. If I napped for 2.5hrs I wouldn't sleep that night....but I know some people need more sleep than others, too. If I get 7 hours sleep a few nights in a row then I get to the point I have so much energy I only sleep a couple of hours and power through the day. My DH is similar...so it makes sense we made kids the same as us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah my older 2 had dropped naps by 3. When my first started school everyone told me he would come home tired, but it's never happened once, and hasn't changed his bed or wake up time. He seems to handle life just fine on 9-10 hours sleep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Full House  (30-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    That's not an appropriate way to speak to a child but in no means does that make bed sharing wrong. You didn't mention the language in your initial post
    No I didn't. But I mentioned her lack of caring and that she just does it.
    Zero attempt at anything else. I didn't say bed sharing was wrong. It is wrong for DSS though, as he doesn't sleep either way (in his bed or hers).

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Well, DS1 (almost 7) tried to start the day at 2:20 this morning.

He was told in no uncertain terms that it was the middle of the night and that he needed to go to sleep ASAP. Nutter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Wow. Is that a cultural thing or are you (and your family) just the type of people who needs lots of sleep?
    I start my day at 5 30am and go to bed by 11pm. If I go to bed before 10 I am awake at 3.30am for the day. A 10 min nap in the middle of the day will see me through. If I napped for 2.5hrs I wouldn't sleep that night....but I know some people need more sleep than others, too. If I get 7 hours sleep a few nights in a row then I get to the point I have so much energy I only sleep a couple of hours and power through the day. My DH is similar...so it makes sense we made kids the same as us!
    I'm Indian and we have this amazing knack of being able to sleep at anytime and anywhere. My kids thankfully take after me more than DH who is the worlds worst sleeper (after his dad). Siestas are ingrained into me. At work I will sleep during my lunch break if possible. Or have a nap after work.

Most days I'm up 5-5.15am and bedtime is between 8-11pm depending on what's happening. Currently it's 8/8.30pm as I'm trying to avoid eating crap whilst watching TV after the kids go to bed so I go to bed. I only get a decent sleep at midday 3-4 a week. The rest of the time it's 10-20min.

But at the same time I can function on 2-4hrs sleep for months.

The kids were up at 5am today. After their marathon 3hr nap they were in bed by 7.30pm and asleep by 7.45am. Blame DH squarely for the wake up today as he HAS to run the bloody noisy coffee machine at 5am.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Full House  (30-07-2015)