+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahaha I don't think I'll have a choice, my bub will be an early bird whether they want to be or not, since my others are up before 5 every day. I do need to work on quite how early it is getting though. 3.45am this morning was just stupid. And it wasn't like he was just stirring and I could have gotten him back to sleep, he was fully up and wide awake. It seems to be getting earlier and earlier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I try to think of the positives too. Grocery shopping at 7am when the supermarkets are pretty empty for example, kids are at their best and there are hardly any other people around.

We can also get out to parks really early, avoid very hot sun easily in warmer months etc
    The positives are great! I too use those early hours to exercise, cook for the day, finish off my housework etc. feel a real sense of pride when by 7-8 am you have finished your chores for the day then let the fun begin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I have early wakers that over time have moved from 5am to 5.30-45am. They do sleep by 7-7.15pm with a 1.5-2hr nap everyday.

But we have a strict minimum screen time and zero processed food. I found processed food and tv in particular were making my kids too wound up in the evenings to relax properly. They are 3&5 yo now.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

I bet your 5 year old sleeps more overnight (be at an early bed time or a later morning) when she starts school. The idea of a 3 and 5 year old having a 1.5-2hr nap every day blows my mind. Regular day naps were a thing of the past by 2 years old at the absolute latest here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I bet your 5 year old sleeps more overnight (be at an early bed time or a later morning) when she starts school. The idea of a 3 and 5 year old having a 1.5-2hr nap every day blows my mind. Regular day naps were a thing of the past by 2 years old at the absolute latest here.
    There's no naps in our house. My 2 year old will nap in the car sometimes if we're out for the day, but otherwise, naps are a thing of the past. And my 5 year old who is in prep still only sleeps from 7:30 - 4:30/5:30, regardless. He also never seems tired, at all. Pretty odd really. I feel like they should all be getting more sleep, but the big two don't have any issues and don't seem tired. The little one is definitely a grump and needs more sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    DS has always risen for the day at approx 5am, although it has sometimes been as early as 4am and the latest is around 6am. He has slept till 7am twice in his little life and I wish I knew how to get him to do it again! We've recently dropped to one nap a day and it has had no bearing on the issue either 😤

I was coping with it for a while but not so much these days and have started taking him back to bed with me and hoping for the best. Some days we get a win and he'll go back to sleep with me until around 730.

Unfortunately though most days we are up at ridiculous o'clock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DSS wakes constantly during the night and if he wakes after 4.30 am, he is done for the night. He sits up and plays with his toys... waking his sister and us in the meantime.

He is not allowed to leave his bed until 7am now, as he will sometimes go back to sleep (RARE). Mainly because if he has woken us and we see him, he may not survive the day.

It's really annoying as he is exhausted by 11am, and we can't do anything because he is such a sook!

He does the same at his mothers so she gets him to go into her bed... He's nearly 8 FFS! He won't learn to sleep properly that way. She doesn't care.

Gah!

ETA: at least he goes to bed without a fuss in the evenings. We tried making his bed time later but it didn't change anything. So it's bed at 7.30 now, which he complains about (so does his mother) but if he's up at 4.30 tough. DSD never complains, though it is unfair on her to go to bed early when she will sleep in, but he wakes her so she needs it too.
    Last edited by DT75; 29-07-2015 at 13:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    3hrs today I slept for 2.5hrs.

I won't force her to drop her nap when she starts school. She can always nap after school if she needs it. As kids we slept every arvo after school till yr12. Usually just 40-50min but it was rare for us to miss a nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DT75

There is nothing wrong for a kid to crawl into parentals bed at 8yo. If it does bother the parent or kid then it's fine. Whatever gets the most sleep wins.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (30-07-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (30-07-2015),Ffrenchknickers  (30-07-2015),just her chameleon  (29-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (29-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (29-07-2015),PomPoms  (29-07-2015),smallpotatoes  (29-07-2015),yadot  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    All kids are different.

DD1 stopped napping every day at 3yo but slept every other day.

DS stopped napping at 26 months and would only fall asleep in the car. By age 3 I didn't want him to nap as he'd be up until late

DD2 is 2.5 and still naps every day. I love the break but I am looking forward to the day that she doesn't nap anymore as I look forward to being able to go out for the day and not rush home for naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    @DT75

There is nothing wrong for a kid to crawl into parentals bed at 8yo. If it does bother the parent or kid then it's fine. Whatever gets the most sleep wins.
    It is wrong when the parents yells at him for over and hour and then says "for F sake just get in my bed and shut up". And then complains about it all the following day to the child.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast