+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooh yep this is my kids to a tee! I have a 6 yr old and a 1 yr old. They are both up between 4.30 and 5.30 everyday. Every. Single. Day. I could count on one hand how many times my 6 yr old has slept in until 7am in his whole life. It just doesn't happen.

My 1 yr old went to bed late last night (10pm, usually it is 6.30pm) as we were out to dinner. She woke at 5am this morning, had a 50 min nap today and was still powering on at 6pm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    You don't ever get a sleep in? We used to take turns when there was just one and he was getting up super early. Now days he sleeps til 7 and I'm up to the baby at night, so DH usually lets me sleep til the baby wants food lol
    No unfortunately. Even after being up with ds all night when he has been ill i still haven't been afforded the chance for a sleep in. Just the luck of the draw i guess. Maybe one day......

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone elses kids wake up stupidly early every single day?

Good morning fellow early birds

Vicpark, trust me, you've mentioned it, I've tried it.

You know what worked for us? Me going to bed damn early, lots of caffeine and a nap. Accepting it instead of fighting it. Life became much easier then.

As others have said though, it's not all bad. I leave for work just before 6, and I enjoy being able to say goodbye before I leave. And I do love my time alone in the evenings.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 29-07-2015 at 05:42.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (29-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-07-2015),yadot  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funnily enough only on work days!!! I would love for him to sleep in until his usual time (6.30-7am Thursday-Sunday) so I can get ready for work as he's usually so clingy in the morning. Work days are 5am for some reason!!! He goes to daycare too so I don't mind when he's up early so we can be out the door just before 7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3:45am it was today! No reason for it, 2 year old was just AWAKE at 3:45. Not wanting a cuddle or cold or hungry, just wiiiiide awake. 3:45! On a winters morning. The kid is nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    No unfortunately. Even after being up with ds all night when he has been ill i still haven't been afforded the chance for a sleep in. Just the luck of the draw i guess. Maybe one day......
    That sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    That's truly not fair on you. Your dp is being an @ssh@t. It's not luck of the draw when someone is being obnoxious intentionally.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (29-07-2015),Ruby_Tuesday15  (29-07-2015),Sonja  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Good morning fellow early birds

Vicpark, trust me, you've mentioned it, I've tried it.

You know what worked for us? Me going to bed damn early, lots of caffeine and a nap. Accepting it instead of fighting it. Life became much easier then.

As others have said though, it's not all bad. I leave for work just before 6, and I enjoy being able to say goodbye before I leave. And I do love my time alone in the evenings.
    I try to think of the positives too. Grocery shopping at 7am when the supermarkets are pretty empty for example, kids are at their best and there are hardly any other people around.

We can also get out to parks really early, avoid very hot sun easily in warmer months etc

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (30-07-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-07-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (29-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I am more than happy to be up at 5:45 every day, it just concerns me that most days they're up long before even that. I can't remember the last time I was woken by the kids for the day and the first number on the clock was a 5. It's been a 4 for so long. I'm not so worried about my sleep, or even theirs since they seem happy enough... I'm more concerned about them waking the baby! But hopefully we've managed to explain quiet mornings and keeping their play to the lounge room by Dec when Bub is due
    I had the same worry before my baby came along.

Unfortunately they do wake him up but on the plus side, he's 10 months now and he now has the same bedtime as older two so they're all in the same night routine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I had the same worry before my baby came along.

Unfortunately they do wake him up but on the plus side, he's 10 months now and he now has the same bedtime as older two so they're all in the same night routine.
    Yes my bubs is due late October and I plan on making her an early bird too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast