+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, all early risers here, since birth, it seems. It is always between 5 and 6- DS2 sometimes earlier if he goes to the toilet. I don't mind, we are up and out of the house early for work. We still stick to a 6-630 bedtime, even for DS1 who is about to turn 9. A little more flexible on weekends, but not much, and not often. It works well for us. My children really suffer if they don't get enough sleep, so I just have to stick with that early bedtime. they go straight to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    There's a lock feature @bluehawaii !!! Press and hold the down button until a little cross comes up on the screen
    Thanks. Will have to try it. Although I doubt it'll make much difference lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bluehawaii For This Useful Post:

Ruby_Tuesday15  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought DS was an early riser until I read this thread lol he's in bed by 7:30pm and up at 7:30am, but this morning he didn't wake until 9am which NEVER happens!!
    All of my mummy friends boast about their bubs sleeping until at least 9am so I always thought DS was an early riser lol
    Though he does wake in the night for boob lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Does anyone else find their early wakers will happily sleep in for others though? Eg when staying with mum or sil they sleep til 7-8:30?!? Wtf?!?
    Omgoodness yes. One day at his adopted nanas place, he slept til 9am. You freaking kidding me. 9am. That was a joke. It would be a miracle if he ever does that for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I get arguments at bed time too The eldest is great, 2nd is a little painful but generally pretty good, but little one is terrible. Bed time is 7, and he's lucky to be asleep by 8:30 and up by 4:30. Every day!
    Ha I was reading thinking mine sleep in till 7 but are nightmares at bedtime. You have the worst of both worlds!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. My 4 are all early risers, always have been. They are up between 5am-6am every.single.day. I, however, do not get up until 7am. They're all old enough (8, 7, 5 and 3yo) that they just get up, turn on the TV and quietly watch cartoons or on their game things until I get up.

As much as it would be nice to have them sleep a little later, I honestly would much prefer them getting up and ready to go nice and early than having to drag them out of bed and hassle them to get up and ready. Waking up is always easier when it's on your own terms and not because of someone else/an alarm.

But, their early rising is why they go to bed early, which is also a bonus in my eyes!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I tried both the Gro Clock and an OK to wake clock with my boys. They tampered with them until they broke. (I couldn't put them out of reach- rental house so no shelving)

As much as I would love a sleep in I actually don't mind early wakes either. Yes, it definitely means early to bed (7:30 for boys, 7 for DD) and it also means I have a legit excuse to nap later in the day

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Ds is normally awake between 4 and 530am every day. Makes no difference what time he goes to bed. I tend to head to the spare bed or couch with him for cuddles and quiet play at that time of the day. Dp cracks it if he is woken early by ds. 6am is a sleep in for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and they are up between 4:30 and 5:30am every day. I don't mean up and ready to cuddle, I mean up and ready to GO for the day. They're UP! Up and at em.

It makes no difference if they go to bed at 7, 8, 9 or 10pm. Regardless, they are up at the same time. It matters not if the little one does or does not have a day nap. He's up at 4:30, regardless. Winter, Summer, Rain, Dark or Sunny. That's when they get up ready to face the day.

Am I the only one? I keep seeing people who have to wake their kids up to get them to kindy/school etc, and I think omg I wish. My kids have been up for hours already! I wish I could get them to sleep later.
    Yes. My 3 are the same. It is so hard. No advice but you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Ds is normally awake between 4 and 530am every day. Makes no difference what time he goes to bed. I tend to head to the spare bed or couch with him for cuddles and quiet play at that time of the day. Dp cracks it if he is woken early by ds. 6am is a sleep in for me
    You don't ever get a sleep in? We used to take turns when there was just one and he was getting up super early. Now days he sleeps til 7 and I'm up to the baby at night, so DH usually lets me sleep til the baby wants food lol