+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anyone elses kids wake up stupidly early every single day?

I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and they are up between 4:30 and 5:30am every day. I don't mean up and ready to cuddle, I mean up and ready to GO for the day. They're UP! Up and at em.

It makes no difference if they go to bed at 7, 8, 9 or 10pm. Regardless, they are up at the same time. It matters not if the little one does or does not have a day nap. He's up at 4:30, regardless. Winter, Summer, Rain, Dark or Sunny. That's when they get up ready to face the day.

Am I the only one? I keep seeing people who have to wake their kids up to get them to kindy/school etc, and I think omg I wish. My kids have been up for hours already! I wish I could get them to sleep later.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-07-2015),LoveLivesHere  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best friends almost 2 year old is a 4am riser. I don't know how she does it.

I am not a morning person and had to adjust to DS' 6am wakings when he was younger. Thankfully now he's a 7.30-8.30am riser.

I've heard people having success with those Gro Clock things, could that work with the older two?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    nah. The boys have one in there room, but it makes no difference. THey wake up at 4:30-5:30 regardless. My eldest might look at the clock and think oh it's not wake up time yet, but it doesn't mean he closes his eyes and goes back to sleep, he just lies there bored if he's the only one awake, but generally the other 2 are awake by then anyway, so they all just get up and run amok. Don't get me wrong the sound of the 3 of them playing in the morning is beautiful (LOUD but beautiful) but I really wish it wasn't quite so early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No my DD is the opposite. She doesn't wake up until at least 8.30am-9am unless I wake her, repeatedly. I have to pester her for ages to get her up for Kindy and she takes a good half an hour to really wake up fully. She is a zombie for a little while. School is going to be tough waking her up early each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    mine.
    I'm up since 4am today, some days it's 3am with my 6mth old.
    I expect that, but my other two are early risers as well.
    The donkey (DS2) brays at 4-4:30 am every single morning, the odd time he'll go back to sleep but almost always he's up.
    My DS1 (yr 1) will be up at 5-5:30 every morning too.
    Th only good thing is I get no arguments at bedtime which is 7:30pm every night.
    I'm not sure I could sleep past 5am now anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get arguments at bed time too The eldest is great, 2nd is a little painful but generally pretty good, but little one is terrible. Bed time is 7, and he's lucky to be asleep by 8:30 and up by 4:30. Every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DS has always been an early riser. This morning he was up at 5am. He sits, plays his ipad and watches tv after he gets ready for school. He is always ready for school before i get up for work. He goes to bed at 7:30 during the week for school.

We have had nights at friends for dinner and a few drinks and he could sometimes be up til 2am and he will still be up and awake by no later than 6am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could you make them stay in their room until the sun comes up on the clock? My mr 3.5 often wakes earlier, but (after much training!) will play in his room or sit, staring at the clock until it's time. It took a long time of setting it at 6 am so we could praise the heck out of him when he stayed in bed and then we crept it forward by 15 min every week or so until it's now at 7 am. It doesn't always work, he will
    Occasionally call out to me to get him a particular toy that he wants lol, but for the most part, it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could get my 5 year old to stay in bed like that if it wasn't for the fact he shares with his 2 year old brother, and he is UP no matter what. Honestly though, if it was just my 5 year old I wouldn't worry anyway, because he is good at getting up and going to play quietly. It's the little one that is noisy, and the 3 of them together are LOUD! Haha. Ahh. I just want them to get more sleep really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are only 1 and 3 but yes, 6am is a sleep in here. Since my big one dropped her nap we brought bedtime way forward to 5:30-6pm. So while the early mornings suck, they are asleep so early that we can still get in a few hours of adult time and make it to bed by 9:30.