+ Reply to Thread
    Sydney South
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gold Coast recommendations

So we decided to sell our first little home. We have decided to have a little break after Christmas until New Years on the Gold Coast. We have 2 kiddies who will be 4 and 2.5 in December. Was just wondering if anyone has been recently and can give recommendations??

We are just looking for fun things for the kids to do at the resort and a kids club they can go to and with an ok walking distance to restaurants as we won't hire a car. So far I have narrowed it down to

1. Sea world Nara Resort
    2. Paradise Resort
    3. Crown towers

Also does anyone have any opinion on attraction parks with little kids sized rides and fun???

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Paradise resort would be ideal for the kids and walking distance to shops and restaurants and cafes...

Movie world or sea world probably best theme parks for that age group

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (28-07-2015)

gold coast
    Paradise resort is in a great location and lots of things for the kids to do though it is quiet old and in need of some renos to the rooms etc but still nice.
    Sea world nara is alot newer and again lots for kids to do at resort it is a bit further out and about a 15 minute walk to nearest restaurants though the buses to run to there so easy to catch the bus into main beach and surfers paradise.
    Crown towers again newer looking has a great pool area for the kids but I don't think it has much else it is about the same distance to walk into surfers paradise then from paradise resort.
    Movie world has a new kids area just open which is aimed at the younger kids but dream world had just opened up a new section themed around abc kids haven't been yet to check it out but meant to be good they also have wiggles world which is great. Both water parks have great kids areas.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tamute For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (28-07-2015)

The only one I have stayed at is Paradise Resort and tbh I wouldn't really recommend it. My 6yo loved the water park, but my 3yo found it a bit challenging and she is a very confident swimmer. DH tried to take them to the kids club, but he said it was just so busy and full on, and in a basement with no natural light, the kids didn't want to stay there. And my kids are used to childcare and random crèches and usually love to go.
    The rooms were fine, but very basic, really only for sleeping. It was really the general vibe of the place that put me off, it felt like people went there to drop their kids at the kids club so they could sit around the pool drinking all day/evening. And more than that it just didn't feel relaxing to me. But I guess that is the sort of holiday that some people like.
    If it were me, I would probably go something like crown towers and spend most of the time at the beach/ parks (there is a really cool park at Broadbeach near the beach). I've also seen a caravan park at Miami that is right across the road from the beach that looks awesome (haven't stayed there though). There are a few cafe's and restaurants around there, not heaps.
    Currumbin wildlife sanctuary is fun with little kids. Or my kids love Dreamworld.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (28-07-2015)