+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ergo Original vs Ergo 360 vs Baby Bjorn

Hi

Has anyone owned or worn an Ergo Original and an Ergo 360?

I have tried on an Ergo 360 in a baby shop, and found it comfortable with my 9 month old DS in it. It seemed to carry his weight well, and he felt lighter in it than in the carriers I have at the moment. It's occurred to me though that I don't really need a 360 - my baby hasn't really liked facing outwards on the carriers I have now anyway - so I think I probably don't actually need to spend the extra money on the 360, and probably only need an Original. I haven't tried on an Ergo Original thought - only the 360!

I'm hoping to buy a carrier second hand, so hoping to avoid going back to the store to try on another carrier. I was wondering - is the shoulder and waist strapping the same on the 360 and the Ergo Original? Do these carriers carry weight in the same way, or are they different? Would you recommend one over the other, if you don't think you'll get much if any use out of the forward facing?

Ps - I currently have a Baby Bjorn Synergy I think it is (good, but DS is getting heavy in it), and a Baby Bjorn One (a bit difficult to use, and DS likes it less).

Thanks in advance!

ETA - the Ergo website isn't all that helpful in showing the back strapping for the carriers, so thought I'd ask Bubhub!
    Last edited by JustJaq; 27-07-2015 at 15:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't compared the two but if you were going original store have them very cheap at the moment ( making way for 360 obviously) so maybe better to get a new one as it's about 2nd hand price.

Things to consider ( and sway to 360) resale value on 360 and if you have more kids later then they may like to look out, or as he gets older your son may like to look out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have much advice except that if it were me, I would stick with ergo, baby bjorn doesn't have a good rep due to bad hip support. Although I don't know what the synergy is like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got both the Ergos! Brought the original with insert quickly on the day we had to fly out for a family emergency, so if I had of had more time to decide I would have gone the 360. This is only because of it having more options. I find them both super comfy and whilst initially he wouldn't face outwards he now loves to see what's going on...I would go the 360 if you can

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsandsiamonds For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://catalogues.toysrus.com.au/cat...html#pageNo=15 toys r us have them on sale starting Wednesday

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (27-07-2015),JustJaq  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got an ergo original and considered upgrading to 360 but one of the things that put me off was that the waist band on the 360 is Velcro so seems harder to adjust once on and i often find I want to adjust it a bit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much all. @nh2489 and @Emeraldsanddiamonds, that was just the kind of advice I was looking for, thanks. And @maternidade, thanks for the link to the sale info

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the baby bjorn one and love it. Really easy to use and comfortable with front and back options. Sends my bub to sleep every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember many store price match too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (27-07-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I haven't tried the 360 but specifically got the original as it has a higher weight limit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (28-07-2015)