+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default All day sickness busters, help a sister out!

What worked for everyone to help ease that terrible feeling?

I I can't eat any more ginger biscuits. Or ginger. Or ginger tea. Or plain biscuits. All I want is carbs carbs carbs. And to eat literally 24/7. Which I can't do at work!
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found the best way to feel ok was to snack near constantly. As soon as I felt hungry it was to late. How about a bag of nuts or some grapes to snack on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not going to be much help because carbs is all that settles me down when I'm feeling nauseas. I think last week I was more bread and potato than human. I know it's not healthy, but from my point of view it's not going to be forever, and as long as your eat as much good stuff as you can and have your pregnancy vitamins then it's the best you can do. It's better than not eating at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, it's horrible.

Honestly, the best thing for me was Zofran (took away the actual throwing up and a lot of the nausea). I planted myself in the doctors office until she agreed to give it to me (she tried maxolon first but that made me feel worse, I don't recommend it!)

However, some other things that helped:

- eat protein, even though I know all you want is carbs! The protein helps keep your blood sugars stable, which helps with the sick feeling. I ate cheese and water crackers, those mini chocolate flavoured protein bars, and up and go drinks, and McDonald cheeseburgers (literally the only meat I could stomach, so gross I know)

- have a snack before you go to sleep, and have something small in bed before you get up (a muesli bar or whatever you can stomach)

- rest as much as you can, my nausea was 10000 times worse when I was tired

- those little eclipse mints helped at work, I think it was just having something fresh tasting in my mouth, but I seriously ate a million of them in the first 15 weeks

- I had to have something fizzy to sip during my commute (an hour in bumper to bumper traffic each way, I.e. Hell!) - sometimes it was a diet coke, sometimes sparkling mineral water. I felt so guilty about the diet coke and confessed to my obstetrician, and he just laughed and said, as long as it was the drink coke and not the drug, not to worry!

- remember, it won't last forever. I couldn't imagine ever feeling well again at one point, but then I woke up one morning feeling back to my old self - it will happen for you too.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have had similar and what worked one day I can't stand the next. I think it's a trial and error thing unfortunately!
    I have found that a little light exercise (ie a nice walk in the sun) does help me temporarily. Fresh air in general. Looking at a computer screen makes it worse for me (which sucks as I work in front of one 4 days per week).
    But yes hating the carbs thing too. I normally avoid them almost completely so I am very worried I am going to lard up lol. Sometimes I can stomach eggs - I whisk them up then cook them like a crepe and eat then like a (savoury) crepe - has a similar texture to a pancake but healthier 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also find the snacking constantly helps out. I've gone right off any kind of tea and have quit instant coffee at work (still have a coffee at home at weekends using my coffee machine but that's only 2 per week). so my morning consumption is not much after I get to work. I've started bringing in plain things like cruskits, almonds, dried apricots (although I'm off those too atm) and yogurts (also marginally vom inducing but I force myself). I find the almost constant grazing wards off the nausea.

like you @sunnygirl79, my tastes seem to change daily. I buy something one day and 2 days later the thought of it makes me feel sick. it's tough (and expensive lol) but hopefully it passes soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nothing helped with DS! And I mean nothing!!!!
    A few things did work with DD... Fresh Watermelon juice, apple juice, slurpees and when it was REALLY bad, Coke. Not the healthiest of things but I needed to get through.
    Have you tried out Maxalon for the days it gets really bad? That helped me a lot as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have that. Well I thought the same as you but I actually tried to stop snacking so much and ended up realising that while I was eating I felt ok then when I stopped I got nausea. It wasn't nausea all the time it ended up being nausea after I finished eating. But because it goes away when I eat I thought it was all day nausea. Anyway I tried to eat less and actually felt better because I realised it came on more after eating. I feel you suffering, sometimes I can't get out of bed all day unless basic toilet and food break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fruit tingles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sick with all 3 pregnancies, all day and night for 5-6mths, and nothing really helped. The last pregnancy I went on prescription tablets because I was finding it so hard to function as a mum, wife, worker...I found hot chips helped, not sure why, but they did and chewing gum was ok tooxx