+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS, In bed at 4am, couldn't sleep so had woken DH for a chat.. Nek minit waters gushed.. I managed to jump into the ensuite to avoid a mess.. No contractions followed for 24hrs so was induced.

With DD water didn't break until I was pushing her out.. Contractions had started spontaneously 7 hours earlier.

This time I'm sitting here uncomfy on the couch, lots of pressure down stairs willing that bag to be bulging.. #overit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1 On bed in delivery room
    2 on lounge
    3 On lounge again lol
    4 c sect
    5 In bathroom after just getting up from toilet

Thanks
    Reviews
    After eight hours or so of labour, as I was hopping up on the bed in delivery suite. Had just taken off my pants, and the gush only just missed my slippers! Hit the floor with a splat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In bed around 4am. Woke up thinking I had peed myself, even though it was just a little bit. I got up and went to the bathroom and smelled it and it smelled like semen so i knew it was amniotic fluid, not urine. I was relieved that I hadn't wet the bed!

Had period type cramps but not contractions at that point, and just a slow leak. Contractions started within an hour of that.

Ended up having DS via emergency cs about 5 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where did your waters break?

With DD they broke on the bed at hospital. I had had contractions for about 11 hours at that stage. DD was born about 4 hours later.

With DS, they broke on the bathroom floor in hospital. I had been in established labour for about 3 hours. DS was born 40 minutes later.

Both times were within 10-15 minutes of arriving at hospital.
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 27-07-2015 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In bed at 1am. Contractions started 1.5 hours later. I had a feeling something was up the day before, went and saw my midwife who said everything was ok. So I stayed up late working, headed to bed and just as I was falling asleep they broke at 37 weeks. We had just bought a waterproof mattress cover 2 days earlier which was very lucky!

Lots of waters in bed in this thread so highly recommend a waterproof cover if you don't have one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, will someone put up some interesting stories of waters breaking pleeeease?

Mine were boring:

1) No waters left
    2) ARM
    3) ARM
    4) ARM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine are boring
    5 x ARM
    1 standing in my pastors toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Mine were interesting.

Ds1 my waters broke when i thought i had to poop. I was 35 weeks and he was born 16 hrs later.

Dd1. I went to a hospital breastfeeding clinic but was feeling funny and like something wasn't right. I was 30 weeks pregnant and so i excused myself and tried walking myself to emergency. I got into the lift filled with 4 women with their first bounty bags and then my waters gushed all over the floor. I fell into a heap crying. One lady helped by ringong the emergency bell. I had dd1 2 weeks later

Dd2 my waters broke at home. I had her 18days later at 34 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS, ARM. DD, 3 little "pops" in the car then a gush when I got out of the car, contractions started 1.5 hours later
    Last edited by DizzyDaisy; 27-07-2015 at 20:03.