+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let me finish that sentence (must have sat on the iPad while changing nappy).

...non-sleeping baby first time. This one doesn't cry and is a much better sleeper. I really feel sorry for everyone that gets the more difficult baby second. At least I didn't know any better first time. Must make it really difficult with a toddler as well.

I have kept ds in childcare 2 days a week and he goes to my parents 1 day a week. So I only have both of them on 2 weekdays and I struggle maintaining a cool mental state on those days 😕 Ds has decided to drop his afternoon nap now too but I can still convince him to stay in his room and play coz mummy and baby still need their nap!

I use an ergo carrier for going outside but find it hard to do house work, cooking etc with it inside. I have a wrap too so might try and use it as a sling inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Anyone have any tips for the colic?! So far I've tried infants friend, block feeding, expressing before every feed to try and reduce foremilk, spacing out feeds a bit to encourage baby to feed for longer and avoid filling up on foremilk and dairy free trial which is killing me!! A new mum needs chocolate and cake (not the dairy free versions!) I seem to be counting down the weeks and hoping it will start to improve at 12 weeks.
    I hate saying this but unfortunately it's usually just one of those things u have to wait out. I found infants friend helped a little with ds and just letting him feed constantly in the evenings (nipples take a beating but it's better than listening to the crying). My ds was definitely better by 12 weeks. Good luck. I know how tough and frustrating it is and with a toddler too = extra challenging

3. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reviving this thread. In the midst of it with a 4 month old and 3yo. Please tell me it gets easier!

I remember reading this thread when pregnant with no.2, I couldn't imagine how life would be.

On a positive note, it simply melts my heart how dd2 reacts and responds to dd1, loves watching her and laughs and smiles when dd1 does. And when they lay on the bed together for a kiss before sleeps, dd2 just lights up

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mums with a newborn and a toddler unite!

Sorry hadn't finished yet lol! I'm actually starting to find outings harder as dd2 gets older. She's less happy to stay in the wrap now she's lot more alert and awake. And if she doesn't nap properly now when out it has a knock on effect for the rest of the day.
    I've found my double stroller is gathering spider webs in the garage as I just find it too heavy and I can't be bothered bringing it.
    It's an awkward age as she can't sit or be put anywhere so I constantly have to hold her if not at home without the swing, pillow or bumbo. Too young for toys but is getting bored. Any tips is appreciated

Dd1 has coped marvellously though and is starting daycare once a week soon to give me a much needed break and so I can give dd2 a bit of 1:1 time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I currently have a 5.5yo in school, and my 3.5yo is home with me FT with my baby.

I do school drop off and pick up with both younger girls. So constantly on the go. We leave the house every morning at 8.15am and get home around midday after our activities. Then leave again at 2=40pm for school pick up.

I use my BJCS double but my 3.5yo is rarely in the pram. She is pretty good to walk next to me as she knows I won't feed her if she doesn't.

I don't care much about the morning nap but am always home for midday sleep where they both nap 12ish till 2=30pm. I try and rest then too.

What are you struggling with LMS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today is day one of DH going back to work. DS IS 19 months, DD is 5 weeks.

They are fed, clean and safe. I managed to shower, eat and hang washing, so I'm pretty happy. Just in survival mode at the moment!

I have mummy guilt that I can't pay as much attention to both as I would like but just keep telling myself, they won't remember this. I will, but they won't!

Go mumma's! One day at a time. This is not an easy gig! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we have moved on a lot since I lasted posted here, dd1 turned 2 and dd2 is 13months. And while the toddler negotiations are getting harder the physical side is much much easier. Exhaustion has left and I can finally enjoy them both. Dd2 is not walking yet which will be nice when she gets around to it but no rush. I get the physical exhaustion its draining and a frustrating age! Can you use the joey position with your sling? Use the pram to go for a walk with bub propped up. You will look back soon and wonder where the year went. At least that's what I am doing!