+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I promise you that it does get a lot easier. Those days to me are such a blur! It was even harder because DS refused to take naps unless he was right next to me. I remember holding DD on my chest and patting her bum so she'd sleep/keep quiet until DS woke up. The good thing about that is that it got them on the same nap routine.
    A carrier really helped in those days as well. Just do anything to get through the days. There will be days where your toddler will watch TV all day because you'll struggle to leave the house, and that's okay!
    Pop your baby in the carrier/pram and take them both for a walk around the block, take them to the park for an hour or two. Like I said, the first few months are about survival so do what you have to do.
    I used to ask my mum to take DS once a week/fortnight. That really helped me because it gave me a chance to feed DD and sleep when she slept. If you have anybody to give you a hand, don't be afraid to ask them.
    You've got this mama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those of you that have a carrier - what do you recommend? I currently have a stretchy type wrap but want to get something more structured - like an ergo or something.[/QUOTE]

I've got a ringsling which I find great for the house as it's so quick and easy to put on and keeps baby upright but as it's over one shoulder I find it strains my back after a while. I've just started using my ergo when out and about and although I don't find any baby wearing comfortable (have bad lower back) it's the only option at the moment as my 5 week old will not let me put him down at all when awake as he's been very colicky. I'm praying things will improve in a few weeks as I do find it hard when he's screaming the place down and my toddler is getting upset because of the crying. I just fee very torn at the moment, i feel guilty I can't play and give full attention to toddler but also guilty that the new baby is not getting the quality time either. I guess that's just life!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got a Manduca which Dd loves. Still getting the hang of putting it on by myself.

I think its really important I don't get too far ahead of myself. One day at a time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am new to this but i am in exactly the same boat. I have a 3.5 year old and a 3 week old. My DH goes back to work next week so I will be solo from then on. I have a baby bjorn carrier and hubby and I are using this week to trial what things will be like when he is back at work.

Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you all. 2.5 year old and 9 week old. So far hardest 9 weeks of my life! Toddler is good, my newborn is a nutcase

Thanks
    Reviews
    By nutcase I mean colicy and no routine no matter how hard I try and wakes a lot at night and doesn't go back to sleep aggghhhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep 2.5yo and almost 5 week old here. Seems like I got the crazy, colicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    By nutcase I mean colicy and no routine no matter how hard I try and wakes a lot at night and doesn't go back to sleep aggghhhhh
    I feel you. Mines only 5 weeks but my patience is running thin! Finding the constant crying outbursts very hard to deal with when you've got a toddler to run around after. Having a bit of a feeling sorry for myself day today and spending far too much time using the TV to entertain toddler as the only time the newborn is happy is when I'm cuddling him. Will try to pull myself together soon and get out the house, just after I've changed both their nappies, fed the baby, packed the changing bag, got the toddler in the pushchair and baby in the carrier etc etc!!! It makes you realise life with one wasn't as bad as you thought at the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone have any tips for the colic?! So far I've tried infants friend, block feeding, expressing before every feed to try and reduce foremilk, spacing out feeds a bit to encourage baby to feed for longer and avoid filling up on foremilk and dairy free trial which is killing me!! A new mum needs chocolate and cake (not the dairy free versions!) I seem to be counting down the weeks and hoping it will start to improve at 12 weeks.