+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw I'm absolutely crapping it! Oh we'll, can't turn back once it starts, and the only way to find out it getting it started hey haha
    Thanks everyone ?! What do you all have for tattoos?

On my wrist I have the word 'enough' with a cross, was a stupid impulse decision, while looks nice and was very we'll done I'm not sure I'm a fan haha
    On my stomach I have 2 little angel baby feet for my angel baby got them when I was 17 (nearly 4 years ago) and they're still as beautiful as the day I got them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first one was done at a dodgy studio when I was 14. It's a tribal-ish looking love heart thing on my lower back (yes, a tramp stamp!) But I had some stuff added around that when I was 19. It has 4 pieces, 1 each for my mum, brother and 2 sisters. They don't typically go together but they make sense to me. They're all tied in with some coloured swirls. It's my family tree! I then have a flower in the middle of the top of my back. It also has a little tribal-ish stuff in it. I have 3 stars on my foot tied together as the same swirl on my back and I recently got my brothers name and dob and dod on the side of my wrist. Next piece is my favorite album cover with a fave lyric quote on my thigh. I don't just love the music, it also has a deep meaning to me after losing my brother this year. I can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ah teenages. I also have a dodge tattoo on my back. I don't know what I was thinking. To make it worse the guy did a sh!t job, he was highly recommended too!! I'd like to get it covered up but I don't want to deal with the pain again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I ask myself all the time where my brain was! I unfortunately couldn't cover mine because it is actually scarred. It's raised. Yeah the memory of the pain quickly comes back to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love tattoos. Just recently got a half sleeve on my lower arm, Harry potter themed a dementor and a stag and doe patronus with blue swirls. Will add to ot to make full sleeve. Also have heart with Dh initials on my ankle, swallow on other wrist and kitty paws. The pain is worth it.

Sent from my D5503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a few tatts- both wrists, lower back, shoulder blade and ribs. My lower back one hurt way more than the ribs! The ribs did hurt but not as bad as I expected. Having said that, my rib one is only fairly small and is just writing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I believe it's because you can contract HIV from tattooing and your infant can contract HIV from breastfeeding, although the risks are extremely low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfiasco View Post
    I love tattoos. Just recently got a half sleeve on my lower arm, Harry potter themed a dementor and a stag and doe patronus with blue swirls. Will add to ot to make full sleeve. Also have heart with Dh initials on my ankle, swallow on other wrist and kitty paws. The pain is worth it.

Sent from my D5503 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Omg. I live for Harry Potter!! Pics pleeeeease!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister has a sizeable one on her ribs and it looks amazing. I have one on my foot and OMG I describe it as if someone was trying to cut my toes off with a blunt razor blade. But as PP mentioned, you just have to get into a zone.

I hummed a lot through mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've not had a rib tattoo, I hear they hurt. A LOT

I did suffer through a 7 hour session on my arm though (outline only), that got so incredibly painful, but I suffered through it, I ended up getting 'in the zone' and just completely withdrew until it was over. And now I'm going back next week to have it finished (coloured).

If it's something you want, you just have to grin and bear it. It might not be as bad as you think it will be! And if it's getting too much, you can always ask for a little break and breather before continuing on.

As for the breastfeeding thing. There are three main reasons why tattooists don't like tattooing breastfeeding women.

1. The risk of infection.
    2. The risk of disease transmission.
    3. The increased hormones whilst breastfeeding *can* have an impact on tattoo quality.

All three issues aren't particularly common, but some artists prefer to not to risk these things, and that is absolutely their prerogative.