+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Too much to do rant!

Ok I just need to vent to cool down. Dp is out on his weekly bike ride and I'm home with 3 kids. Trying to clean up rumpus and found mould and feeling overwhelmed and irritated. Oh here comes clingy bub. I don't resent Dp having his time but weekends are so short with rugby, swimming and his bike riding. We never get to the house stuff so it's left to me but I'm so fecking busy with 13 month old who's into everything. The need to cool down is that the new mould is in the lego corner that is never tidied up so area never ventilated / cleaned but I'm the lone voice in trying to encourage kids to tidy up when I mention it to dp he's like oh it's good to spread out lego, he'll never be tidy etc etc. this mould will be blamed on me not opening windows despite fact doing so means going down stairs with bub, unravelling safety thing from cord with bub on leg trying to grab then remembering to leave time to reverse when we go out or house isn't secure and with all the cold weather need heat not cold air! Just feeing overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I hear you, I made a massive list of jobs for DH to help me with when he was on holidays a couple of weeks ago. We ticked off like 2 things. I feel like the clutter in my house is taking over. Everyday I think, I'll tidy this room today, but then with all the washing, dishes, and cooking in this house, I barely get the basics done each day. Our babies will be grown up one day and we'll have free time again, won't we?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup another with the mold blame here.
    It's behind his clothes pile! I pick it up and wash it all but a day or 2 later he has dumped more there. Also behind his bedside table. Which I keep pulling out to clean and next day is back in the corner.
    If they have a problem with the job not getting done point out they never do them! Lol. Yep that really works too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opening windows can actually made mold worse btw if it's a bit damp outside you increase the issue. Clove oil diluted and sprayed on area will help and glen20 is good. Our house has poor drainage so I have to scrub it every wkd. Perhaps sit down with Dh and organise cleaning time together. It shouldn't be all on you. I need help from Dh with three young kids despite being a sahm still.

Sent from my D5503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just discovered a bunch of random mould here today too. Ugh, it sucks so much, you have my sympathy! Sorry your DP is no help
    I see you're in Sydney too (and I also have a 13 month old ), Sydney is shocking for mould! We do everything we can but it's still unavoidable, definitely not your fault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I keep a handfull of bicarb in a muslin cheesecloth in each room. It absorbs excess moisture and removes smells too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (26-07-2015)