Yep, she only lent us the deposit which was 100k and no she didn't pay for the whole house. But my husband at the time was trying to be 'a good boy' and insisted to the conveyancer that we should put the whole house on caveat. I was so upset when I found out because at the time his mom was only keen on the 100k. But now it's a different story. She's decided we are not to use the house at all for any form of financing. Our business has gone up and down over the past couple of years and she's scared that we might make a wrong decision and lose the house.
Our credit ratings are alright, and getting small loads and credit cards hasn't been a problem. But bigger loans requires more and with our business figures in the last two years it's not happening. So a bigger house for the time being is not happening and we really actually need some cash injection and that's not happening either because we can't use the house so we are stuck.
So the only option that sounds good is moving in with her so she thinks.
Hubby thinks the same and thinks I should sacrifice a year. But I don't want to. I am on good ground with mil at the moment and I don't want to ruin the relationship. I know I would lose it if she dismisses my authority on a daily basis and baby my DD like the way she's been.
A psychic told her once that she and DD were mother and daughters in past life and omg since then it's been worse. I just don't feel comfortable about the whole situation.