+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Abdominal pain

Would you be concerned or just ride the pain out..?

So, yesterday I had shocking pain in my stomach - middle area (if u know what I mean) I assumed it was gas pain lol was a bit feverish and bloated, took a couple of panadol and went to bed. Can't lay flat on my back (which is just strange) because the pain is horrible.
    Have a restless sleep but do ok.
    Wake up this morning and the pain has moved to the right side (just below my ribs)
    I can barely roll over in bed without it hurting.
    It hurts to walk, it hurts to cough (which is crap because I am getting over a cold)

I am NOT pregnant.
    I live in a country town so my gp isn't open and it's hard to get appointments in town on a Sunday.
    The pain is bad but i can still do stuff.. Very slowly and not much bending.

Should I be concerned? Wait it out and see my gp tomorrow hopefully..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it hurt if you push on it? Is it there all the time or sporadic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Does it hurt if you push on it? Is it there all the time or sporadic?
    It hurts a bit when I push on it but not a hell of a lot more.
    If I lay on my left side it eases but doesn't go away. Lay or sit any other way it's there. It feels much worse when I'm standing or walking. I'm just hoping it's a pulled muscle lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Call the health direct advice line for your area. 1800 022 222 is the national number I think. Please don't self diagnose.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abdominal pain

Double post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abdominal pain

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Call the health direct advice line for your area. 1800 022 222 is the national number I think. Please don't self diagnose.
    Thanks for the number. I will give them a call soon. I'm not intentionally trying to self diagnose lol I've managed to stay away from dr Google so far lol. Just wishful thinking it's something simple
    Last edited by Hasselhoff; 26-07-2015 at 07:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly if it were me I would go to an ED to get it checked out. Health direct will probably tell you to do so.

Abdominal pain can be due to so many things and it is best to get it checked out if you are having trouble rolling over. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    Honestly if it were me I would go to an ED to get it checked out. Health direct will probably tell you to do so.

Abdominal pain can be due to so many things and it is best to get it checked out if you are having trouble rolling over. Better safe than sorry!
    I was worried someone would say go to hospital. I'm one of those people that tries to avoid going to hospital for anything lol. It's quite hard to go to hospital because there's no one that can look after ds if Dp was to take me.

I dragged myself out of bed.. Still quite sore. I've noticed some positions I sit in I'm ok and the pain is minimal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally understand! It is tricky being a weekend as well ..I have been in that situation before.

I might be overly cautious because I have had a few episodes of abdominal pain which needed treatment. It may be nothing...but with abdo pain I do always think its best to check it out.

Def call health direct at the very least. Do you have out of hours GP's in your area?

Let us know how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if it's a good sign or not but when I was sitting a few minutes ago the pain pretty much went away. It has come back but it's not as bad. If I take a deep breath or cough it gets a bit sore.

There are some gps but they are hard to get into. I'd have to go into town to see them if I could get an appointment. Just wish I could see my gp lol