+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is there any hope?

I am 28 years old...one 4 year old DS conceived naturally in five months. No fertility treatment.

We have been ttc since DS was 18 months old...on and off..around 20 cycles...and have recently sought treatment.

I have found out that my highest FSH is 15, my amh is 3 and I typically have 5-7 antral follicles.

I have a history of mild endo (removed 3 yrs ago) and am booked for a lap next month as they found an endometrioma last week.

I have an autoimmune disease and high ANA. Have had 7 or so chemicals and being treated with intralipids.

Honestly...with all this...is another baby even possible? Does anyone have any advice? I feel completely hopeless and frustrated being only 28.

I dont know whether to give up and cut my losses or go forward with IVF considering I probably won't get many eggs... I want a baby so much...I am just so tired of bad news...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs. No advice about your situation. I can only say that I feel your pain and have everything crossed that your heartache ends soon with a BFP and a sticky bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @happycamper ...I just feel hopeless about the whole situation. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Life is hard work sometimes. But I just saw your FF chart in your TTC diary and it looks fab. It's not over until AF arrives. XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! It's possible. Don't despair. I had AMH <1 & positive for ANA when I started IVF. DD is now 13 months - getting ready to go back to try for a second.
    The fact that your FS has even tested for ANA etc sounds like they're on the right track. My first Clinic didn't even bother testing my AMH.
    Best of luck! Good luck with the lap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @happycamper...I think it is tge progesterone unfortunately! Bfn this morning. Thank you for your support though
    @Rosy82 thanks for sharing your story..it is wonderful to hear some success stories! If you dont mind me asking...how many cycles did you do, and did you end up with many eggs? And how did they treat your ANA (I am on intralipids as I cant take prednisone).

Wishing you every success on your journey to number 2!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did 1 full stim + 1 FET (2 blasties from 4 eggs) with our first clinic, standard IVF with Gonal - the clinic who didn't bother to test for ANA or AMH. Both BFN. I was 30 at the time.
    Switched to new clinic, used DHEA, estrogen priming, Elonva, Luveris, prednisolone, aspirin, verapamil (on day of transfer only), ICSI. We got 7 mature eggs, 4 blasties, 1 became DD & 3 frozen. Very pleasantly surprised!
    I'm really not sure if it was just a numbers game or if the new regime made a difference, but I was much happier with the second clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! 3 frozen is great my first clinic didnt test for amh or ana either. ..so I got a second opinion and he found tge issues. It is amazing the differences in doctors.

I have heard a lot of good things about DHEA too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    I am 28 years old...one 4 year old DS conceived naturally in five months. No fertility treatment.

We have been ttc since DS was 18 months old...on and off..around 20 cycles...and have recently sought treatment.

I have found out that my highest FSH is 15, my amh is 3 and I typically have 5-7 antral follicles.

I have a history of mild endo (removed 3 yrs ago) and am booked for a lap next month as they found an endometrioma last week.

I have an autoimmune disease and high ANA. Have had 7 or so chemicals and being treated with intralipids.

Honestly...with all this...is another baby even possible? Does anyone have any advice? I feel completely hopeless and frustrated being only 28.

I dont know whether to give up and cut my losses or go forward with IVF considering I probably won't get many eggs... I want a baby so much...I am just so tired of bad news...
    Have u had your nk cells tested? High nk cells can cause chemicals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nattie, yes NK cells and all other immune stuff has been tested. The only problem was the ANA and the doc said he thinks these are causing the chems.