+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I find the Coles brand comparable myself.
    I looked them up. They're almost 50% more expensive. I could get a loaf of bread for the price difference (if I ate white)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I looked them up. They're almost 50% more expensive. I could get a loaf of bread for the price difference (if I ate white)!
    I'm happy to pay the extra what?? less than a dollar?? for Australian produce.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (25-07-2015),Soon2be4  (25-07-2015),SoThisIsLove  (26-07-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I'm happy to pay the extra what?? less than a dollar?? for Australian produce.
    Feel free to pay my grocery bill anytime. 😉

The aldi peas and corn are labeled "product of nz". I'm happy with that. I'll buy aussie when I can afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's interesting, that you for sharing. I think I'll keep buying their organic tomato paste as that works out cheaper than the organic one in coles and woolies even when on sale. I'll stick to buying my macro tinned tomato as aldi ones have citric acid. Whilst not bad we are trying to avoid extra stuff at all cost ( and when on sale it's comparative price). The organic pasta wasn't too bad but it only saved 20c to the one I buy now so I'm not sure if my time is worth it if I don't need anything else.
    I'll try the diary items though and see how they compare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Feel free to pay my grocery bill anytime. 😉

The aldi peas and corn are labeled "product of nz". I'm happy with that. I'll buy aussie when I can afford it.
    Luv...you feel free to buy from whatever country you want to buy from😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I am def not a fan of their nappies & cannot understand why people rave about them.
    Me either. I find them really smelly with the tiniest bit of wee and my ds got terrible nappy rash from them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    labels can be so deceptive. Product of Australia or NZ im pretty sure means they are grown there etc. But "Packed in blah blah" means they are importted from goodness knows where and packed in that country.

The same with organic stuff ( this really gets my goat) Alot of products are labelled organic or natural and all they have is one certified organic ingredient in the whole product. They have to have certification from a reputable third party and licence # and this will be labelled on the product for it to be a genuinely 100% certified organic product

Back on topic im keen to try Aldi, one is due to open around the corner from me next year ( Im in SA)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love ALDI. It took me ages to start shopping there as I am paranoid and picky about food etc but once I did it I loved it. I save at least $100 a week by shopping at ALDI. At first I wouldn't buy their meat or fresh produce either but after getting a quite a few dud fruit and veg pieces at Woolworths I decided to give them a go and it saved me heaps of money and for the most part I actually find their fresh produce better than Woolworths (This could be dependant on area though so just because the fresh produce is good at the ALDI I am at doesn't mean it's good everywhere). I also have no issues with their cold stuff or meat. I think it all tastes great and no different to anywhere else. If I don't like something I don't buy it again and I buy it from Woolies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Don't get Aldi but ....

I alternate Aldi one week (plus sometimes a bit of a top up fruit and veg at our local fruit and veg shop and Coles online delivery + fruit and veg shop the next.

Things I like to get at Aldi: snacky type foods - cruskits, rice crackers, rice cakes, oat bars.
    Their dark chocolate is the best.
    Nappies, wipes, passata, tinned tomatoes, minced garlic, cream cheese, block of cheese, eggs, almond milk, Greek yoghurt, cleaning products.

I also do a lot of my meat and fruit and veg from there. I think they are much better than they used to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So I'm genuinely trying to understand how others save $100 a week? The prices are almost identical to woolies generic for every item I've seen? Is it meat and veg that is hugely cheaper?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast