+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love Aldi, and my local always has lovely fresh fruit and veg!

Staples in this house:

- 1 kg penne pasta - 99c
    - jars of tomato passata - $1.59
    - tinned tomatoes - 69c
    - cream (600mL) - $2
    - sour cream - $1.10
    - baby wipes - $8.00 for a big refill pack and they are thick like the huggies ones
    - nappies
    - their chocolate - the Moser roth madagascan vanilla bean is the only white chocolate I like
    - their foam hand soap
    - olive oil - $6 for a litre
    - 24 pack of 3 ply toilet paper - $9
    - cruskits (whatever the equivalent is called)
    - apple puree for DSs brekky
    - organic natural yoghurt - $6 for a litre
    - milk arrowroot biscuits
    - tasty cheese
    - bocconcini
    - olive dip
    - butter
    - jarred olives
    - chicken stock
    - flours/sugars/spices etc

(I can't think of the prices of anything else but I buy everything there).

And a fresh bunch of lilies for $5 at the checkout every shop!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

delirium  (25-07-2015),PomPoms  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Meat, gluten-free range, pasta sauces, and snack are much much cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I love Aldi too and would do about 80-90% of our shopping there

Put it this way, the only thing I don't buy there is my frozen vege..I buy the Coles brand as its Australian and Aldi's isn't. I also won't buy my steak there as I find it a bit tough (but mince, chicken and sausages for DP are good), and certain fruit and vege that are on special elsewhere that Aldi don't have for the same price or if I don't like the look of what they're offering (which doesn't often happen to be fair...only very occasionally at my Aldi). I also buy small tins of tuna in springwater from coles for DD as I can't get it in that size at Aldi and certain other catalogue specials from elsewhere that are cheaper than Aldi.

I also use their nappies, wipes and formula which is almost identical to Nan Gold (I took a photo of Aldi's tin and compared that to all the rest available to buy at Chemist Wharehouse plus Aldi's formula is Australian made) and is at least $5 a tin cheaper ($15 for 900gm tin).

I've also purchased myriad of items from their specials catalogue over the years including clothes, shoes, electrical items, heaps of baby stuff etc and have rarely had an issue with anything. If I did they were only too happy to refund my $ back no questions asked.

Shopping there makes a big difference $ wise for us
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 25-07-2015 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in SA and there's no Aldi here yet.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm ALDI mad...
    On my list normally
    Cryovac meats (not the ones in clingfilm as their dating is always off)
    Greek chicken
    Moser Roth chocolate
    Pasta
    Passata
    Tinned beans/chick peas
    Toothpaste
    Dishwasher tablets
    Power force bleach
    Double length toilet paper
    Mach 3 razor refills
    Light bulbs
    Brocolini
    Cream & dairy products
    Blue cheese
    Havarti cheese
    Black forest ham
    Serrano ham
    Crumpets
    Bread
    Cherry tomatoes
    Otago Pinot noir
    Ginger beer
    Raw almonds
    Baking stuff
    I've just started using their nappies again, I found the newborn ones iffy, but the crawlers seem OK...
    Oh and specials, I love the specials...

Yeah, I go crazy at ALDI...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015),PomPoms  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was all excited when I moved back East that I could do the aldi thing - big disappointment! I made a thread here to report back to all the non-aldi states that they weren't missing out on much.

Initially there were a few "finds" that I would make a special trip every 2-3 weeks to get. The fruit filled bars - both baby and full size, squeezy yoghurt.

Now I pretty much don't bother. Chocolate was terrible, half the stocks, savoury snacks, convenience foods, pasta sauces I checked had flavour enhancers, hand wash gave me dermatitis, wipes and nappies no better than Comfy Bots (which I am very happy with), kids didn't like their cheese, sausages were gross tasting, beef definitely had the lower grade (eg. Spud Shed, WA) taste, fruit and veg pre-pack sizes were more than I could use in the 1-2 days before it started rotting, their generic cereals were almost identical to Coles' in taste, nutrition values and price.

I special buy on brand names (eg. Only get Nutri Grain as all generics are much lower in protein, two specific pasta sauce brands that have no msg, 100% recycled toilet paper, etc) and generic on basics (flour, sugar, oats, milk, nappies, wipes).

I'd save about $1-2 a week on basics at Aldi and easily spend plus more it by impulse buying on their special buys (snow chains anyone?!?). I'm better off staying away.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    From @Stretched mention of flavour enhancers, I love Aldi's 2 min noodles! Very cheap at 99c for 5.

I like the frozen peas and corn...yes not Australian but I don't mind buying NZ vegies. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    From @Stretched mention of flavour enhancers, I love Aldi's 2 min noodles! Very cheap at 99c for 5.

I like the frozen peas and corn...yes not Australian but I don't mind buying NZ vegies. 😊
    Yes but a lot of NZ frozen produce comes from China (as well as what's grown locally) so I'd rather not buy when I can get Australian😊

Apologies for derailing thread OP.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Yes but a lot of NZ frozen produce comes from China so I'd rather not buy when I can get Australian😊
    Can you get Australian as cheap? All I remember is the very cheap woolies homebrand mixed vegies were from china. Such poor quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Can you get Australian as cheap? All I remember is the very cheap woolies homebrand mixed vegies were from china. Such poor quality.
    I find the Coles brand comparable myself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (25-07-2015)