+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Don't get Aldi but ....

I don't understand the hype with food, I'm a brand snob and buy in bulk when on sale, we also don't consume a lot of packet stuff. To be honest I don't think their equivalent products are any cheaper than when my brands on sale.
    In saying that I love their "domestos" and their "exit mould" and think for the price it's fantastic.
    What are some other hidden secrets their I must know about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have started getting their nappies. With dd I refused but everyone kept saying how good they are so started getting them for ds and they work great.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I mainly only go there if i see something i like in their catalogue.

Other things i buy are their frozen food - DH loves frozen pizza etc as a snack so i buy from there to save $$.

I am def not a fan of their nappies & cannot understand why people rave about them.
    Ive got 3 kids and have tried them a few times for each bub after friends have raved about them but nope still not a fan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was never fussed on the food and like you, never found it cheaper as I buy generic or on special - I did a price comparison one week and Aldi was something like $2.50 cheaper on a whole shop. I still had to go to Woolies/butchers to buy meat and veg as Aldis is so gross so I stopped shopping there. But what I did like is they sell all sorts of things. Baby clothes, coffee pod machines, toys and they are really cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spend literally 1/2 to 3/4 by buying at Aldi. Their soft cheeses are amazing. Raspberries fresh are nearly half price. Cleaning products are great and also cheap. Clothes washing powder and softener half price. Baby wipes only $2. All fantastic quality. I've just adjusted what I cook so that I only need to do 1 shop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There milk based products are a lot cheaper like cream, sour cream and cheeses. The quality is always really good. The little specials they have can be good too.

I was so hesitant to go to Aldi to begin with and I still don't buy meat or fresh fruit and veg there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fruit, veg and meat is great at my store. I pay about half of what i pay at woolies or coles.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Grass fed rib eye is amazing!!! Nappies have been great for DS, haven't used them for DD yet. Dark choc is great!

So much cheaper than coles.

However, it's so inconsistent. We now buy fresh fruit/veg at local supplier, meat at butcher and that's 80% of our weekly shop.
    Last edited by babyla; 25-07-2015 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like going into Aldi for a look around but I don't like doing my grocery shop there. I find you always end up having to go elsewhere for a couple of items and it's just not convenient. for what you save, it's not worth the crapping around.

I bought bananas there once and half of them were rotten inside. I also found their block of tasty cheese started going moldy really fast.

don't get the hype with Aldi tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Plastic bags, zip lock bags, glad wrap, hand wash.

The napisan is pretty good.

I like some of their meat too, the steaks can be quite good quality.