+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Only 2 vessels in cord

Hi there. I'm writing this on behalf of my sister. She is 20 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child and just turned 40. At her recent scan she found out that the umbilical cord only has 2 vessels (usually there is 3). Also they mentioned that the babies heart has an echogenic foci in the upper left ventricle. She is wondering if there are any other ladies that have been through a similar situation. How did your pregnancy go and was bub early or small? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes my DD had this, though she had no other issues.
    I had extra monitoring through the pregnancy and labour. She was born perfect, and yes a little small. She was induced as she was overdue. A renal ultrasound as a newborn ruled out any issues caused from the SUA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks CMF. How heavy was she? And did get distressed at all during her delivery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She was 6lb 7oz, 2.9kg. So not excessively small.
    She didn't get distressed during labour, it was only a short labour though (3hrs), so I guess that was better for her than a drawn out labour. They monitored her heartrate regularly, but thankfully they just hand held the CTG pads to my tummy for a short while at a time, they didn't make me lie down in bed and strap them to me.