+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    meredithgrey has previously stated she's a midwife. I'd say she knows what she's talking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    meredithgrey has previously stated she's a midwife. I'd say she knows what she's talking about.
    No-one said she didn't...OP didn't ask for a Clinical opinion, she asked for opinions regarding products.

Just because she's a midwife doesn't give her the right to barge in on threads giving unsolicited medical advice nor the right to use scare tactics to try to bolster her argument.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-07-2015 at 12:20.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

sarahjane914  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got one second hand one online called 'Pocket Fetal Doppler Sonoline C1'. I could occassionally pick up a HB at 12 weeks but now at 16 weeks it picks it up easily. It cost me $25. I'd try eBay or maybe some Facebook BSS groups.

I know it's not to be relied upon but it's still nice to try it out occassionally. My 4yo sat with me yesterday to hear it and it was a nice bonding experience with her

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    May I please kindly request that all posts stay on track and keep in mind the original post which has been posted in the 'Product Reviews and Recommendations' section. Thank you.

Can anyone suggest me a Doppler? Is hire or purchasing better and can anyone suggest places online that I can get one from?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015),Mod-Zeddie  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    No-one said she didn't...OP didn't ask for a Clinical opinion, she asked for opinions regarding products.

Just because she's a midwife diesn't give her the right to barge in on threads giving unsolicited medical advice nor the right to use scare tactics to try to bolster her argument.
    point taken.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Doppler Hire/Purchasing

BinB: thanks for stepping in. Ok now I can recommend. saloline c1 is really good and I almost got one after someone recommendation. At the time, I only found China eBay sellers who are selling for $60. Aussies seller price was $100 for the same item. I didn't want to spend $100. The stock from China usually takes ages. 1month. So my friend recommended angel sound for me. No lcd screen but it does the same thing. I found one for $30 on Kogan. It is $23 ATM. Fast shipping. It works like a charm. I just learned to distinguish different type of sounds from YouTube videos. Once u pick up, u know what baby hb sounds like. Very fast.

Like someone said above. Aloe Vera gel works fine. I also used that.

Edit: the Kogan price might sound too good to be true but neither me nor my friend have any problem with it.
    Last edited by bbhope; 26-07-2015 at 11:35.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you to everyone who was helpful! Just ordered one off of Kogan I didn't have one when I had my first so looking forward to getting it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015),Mambo  (26-07-2015),Sunnybambino  (26-07-2015)