+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    It's none of anyone's business why the OP wants one. They're not illegal..if she wants one, she can have one.

She doesn't have to justify her reasons to you or anyone else. You've given your opinion so respect her right to make her own decision even if you disagree with it!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (26-07-2015),bbhope  (26-07-2015),Mambo  (26-07-2015),nelljm  (26-07-2015),sarahjane914  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    She may feel movements earlier (like I did at 15 wks) or a bit later if, for eg, she has an anterior placenta (not that it affected me like that having one)...whatever!!

It's still her decision @ her right to purchase/hire doppler if she wants @ your scare tactics of "it's heart could stop 10 mins after listening or later that night" to try to strengthen your argument is disgusting IMO

That can happen to any woman at any time in the pregnancy whether she has a doppler or not or whether the baby is developed enough to be able to feel movements or not.

If the baby's not developed enough to feel any movement, there'd be nothing she could do anyway as Mum wouldn't even realise there's a problem @ if she can feel movement there's still no guarantee there either doppler or no doppler!!

ETA-I see the poster in question has edited those comments from her original post below!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-07-2015 at 16:08.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (26-07-2015),sarahjane914  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    https://www.parentslikeus.com.au. I purchased one from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put this thread under 'Product reviews and recommendations' for a reason. If you don't have a product to recommend to me, this isn't the place for you. I am not a child, and obviously did my research first, and still made the decision to get one. I don't have to to justify why. Thank you for your input.

Now, has anyone used sweet beats?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (26-07-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015),Mambo  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I asked this question earlier - why do you want one?

They're not a consumer device, they are a medical device.

I'm going to be blunt.

You're not going to hear anything before 12/13 weeks, so anything before that is a waste of time and will cause unessacery stress.

After 13 weeks all it tells you is that there is a fetal heart at that exact moment in time. It's not a protective measure against miscarriage.

You'll start feeling movements at 18-20 weeks in which case you should be relying on your movements for wellbeing not a piece of medical equipment that you're not trained to use.
    This is to unhelpful to the op and quite rude tbh.
    I heard a hb on my doppler from 8 weeks with both my pregnancies.

Op I haven't used sweet beats, but I hired mine from Belly Beats. They sell them too. Not sure of the price but might be worth checking them out. Good luck.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mambo For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015),sarahjane914  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post

Op I haven't used sweet beats, but I hired mine from Belly Beats. They sell them too. Not sure of the price but might be worth checking them out. Good luck.
    I think by the look of it they use the same machine. Did it work OK?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also bought the one from the "parentslikeus" website. I have issues trying to get the baby's heartbeat rate to display consistently on the screen, but can still clearly tell it's the baby by the speed of it. It can be screechy/noisy when you move the probe from one spot to another through the air, so don't have the volume on full or hold it right against your ear!

This is my third pregnancy (first was an early M/C) and both latter times I've been able to find a HB from around 14 or so weeks (although not always easily), while I don't feel movement until 20 weeks or so.The MC really freaked me out and the doppler brought me some reassurance in my first pregnancy when I felt anxious in the long month between OB appointments. This time I haven't used it as much, but it still occasionally has been useful for reassurance. (I'm now 36 weeks, and pulled it out a couple of weeks ago just for a listen).

Have you looked on Gumtree or EBay for a second hand one? They pop up from time to time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    I think by the look of it they use the same machine. Did it work OK?
    Yep worked a treat! I took it in to work one day (I work in a hospital) and one of the nurses and I played around with it and she thought it was fine. There were times I couldn't find the hb but I would just try again later. I ran out of ultrasound gel pretty quickly (addicted much haha!) but I bought some cheap aloe Vera gel and it did the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post

no offence to op or anyone else, but I'm interpreting the post as sound medical advice. it may be blunt but she's absolutely right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    no offence to op or anyone else, but I'm interpreting the post as sound medical advice. it may be blunt but she's absolutely right.
    It wasn't sound medical advice. It had some quite inaccurate statements in it. Regardless the op didn't ask for medical advice so I think we should move on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambo For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015)