Closed Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    has anyone been around here long enough to remember sausagerollgate? This thread reminds me of that one

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

delirium  (25-07-2015),MaximumStarlight  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Um no. A simple google search took me to a reputable site that stated that sugar is not a carcinogen.
    Sorry just to be clear, I'm not saying it is a carcinogen, I'm saying if they discover definitely what many researchers now suspect, that it does cause or increase the risk of many cancers, then what does it matter if it's not a carcinogen? That hardly makes it better.

But as others have said, this discussion has probably gone far enough. I've said what I think. Others may not agree. I may be wrong who knows. The only thing I know for sure is that I won't harm my child's health by denying him soft drinks and juices so that's what I'll do. If that is how the OP feels as well, I don't think she's overreacting about her views on the teacher bringing soft drinks into the class.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    has anyone been around here long enough to remember sausagerollgate? This thread reminds me of that one
    I cant stop thinking of the horse carrot thread 😆😆

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

MaximumStarlight  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    So because someone disagrees or feels strongly about something you don't, they're keyboard warriors and attacking teachers?

So no one can challenge teachers but it's perfectly ok to challenge the Op? And anyone that agrees, even in some small way, with her?

If you can't believe it's still going, why are you coming back? Oh wait, to have at go at those participating.
    Um, excuse me? Are you referring to me?

IMO If you want to challenge a teacher, do it the right way. Talking about the issue online to a global audience (without even discussing it with the teacher first) behind her back is most definitely not the way to go about it.

And, FYI, I never challenged the op. I gave and respected her opinion, saying each to their own.

Anyhow, geeez I'd love a wine right now, but can't because I'm pregnant. So I guess it'll have to be a soft drink. Oh the horror!!!.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to billykate For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    No but do tell!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats ok, us teachers really shouldn't be drinking alcohol anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by billykate View Post
    Um, excuse me? Are you referring to me?

IMO If you want to challenge a teacher, do it the right way. Talking about the issue online to a global audience (without even discussing it with the teacher first) behind her back is most definitely not the way to go about it.

And, FYI, I never challenged the op. I gave and respected her opinion, saying each to their own.

Anyhow, geeez I'd love a wine right now, but can't because I'm pregnant. So I guess it'll have to be a soft drink. Oh the horror!!!.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

harvs  (26-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Thats ok, us teachers really shouldn't be drinking alcohol anyway.
    Haha it's not the kids that drive us to drink, it's the parents!

:hidesundertable:

Just kidding ladies

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billykate For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (25-07-2015),cheeeeesecake  (25-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-07-2015),Theboys&me  (26-07-2015),VicPark  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a teacher I personally haven't brought soft drink into my class but just thought I'd let you know the teacher is spending HER/ HIS money on the class and are doing it with all the right intentions. Take a look around the classroom... It might not seem like a lot but all of those extra little things that teachers do come out of their pocket. Each year I spend $4-7 grand on my class. The posters you see in the room, any colour printing, laminated games, stickers in the child's books, stamps, books and stationary as some parents don't provide students with essential items all come out of the teacher's pocket. Most teacher's spend a lot of money on their class each year because they want to. They want to make it a positive and happy place for the child. If I were you and had a problem with it, I'd be respectful. Think of all the great things and unpaid time and effort the teacher puts in. The teacher makes one mistake in your eyes and gets abused... It would be a shame for any teacher to stop doing all the nice little things that they do and if they did I'm sure parents would be complaining about that too.

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AmandaC0585 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-07-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-07-2015),Blue Dragon  (25-07-2015),DT75  (26-07-2015),FearlessLeader  (25-07-2015),gamermummy  (27-07-2015),Gentoo  (26-07-2015),HappyBovinexx  (25-07-2015),Happymum2  (25-07-2015),kgh09  (26-07-2015),LaDiDah  (26-07-2015),lala77  (26-07-2015),MaximumStarlight  (27-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-07-2015),siansmum  (27-07-2015),snowqu33n  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billykate View Post
    The OP didn't come on here naming and shaming the teacher and bishing about her though. OP came on here to say she didn't agree with something the teacher was planning on doing and wanted to know others opinions so she could gage if she was overreacting.... which at one point she was, which she then admitted.

It's the same as if a hubber came on and said "my OB told me I have to have a pregnancy related procedure, I don't agree with it at all, wdyt?". (Which is a fairly common type of post). That wouldn't be perceived as the poster bishing about the OB behind their back to a 'global audience'. It's just asking for opinions...

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (25-07-2015),Busy-Bee  (26-07-2015),DrDrakeRamoray  (25-07-2015),MINIRoo  (26-07-2015),smallpotatoes  (26-07-2015),VicPark  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm just reading along hoping to be linked up to the sausagerollgate thread.....