+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd?

everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. it becomes an issue when people don't have the social filter to know when it's appropriate to share those opinions with others.

if he's at a reclaim Australia fu*k off we're full southern cross tatt convention, then I'm sure that's an appropriate forum to air his opinions. when he's on the job and he's being paid to do a job, that's not the right forum to be sharing his political views (or any personal views for that matter). him having the opinion is not the issue. it's his lack of self censorship and social filter and inability to regulate his behaviour appropriate to the social setting he's in that's the issue.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I would keep him; if he mentions it again I would tell him you don't want to hear it, and if he doesn't let up, I would find someone else.
    This exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    The thing about opinions though is that you can't stop someone from having one. Even if their opinion is racist, etc. You can't police people's thoughts and tell them they're not allowed to think something because it's wrong and not socially or morally acceptable. So they are entitled to have that opinion. They're just not entitled to try to force that opinion onto others or hurt others with it.
    You see there is actual a law to prevent racism and hate speech.
    Some additional info here:
    https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-w...d-vilification

This isn't a case of someone expressing they like country music and you can't stand it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    You see there is actual a law to prevent racism and hate speech.
    Some additional info here:
    https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-w...d-vilification

This isn't a case of someone expressing they like country music and you can't stand it
    That's what I said if you read my post again - the last sentence.

I still maintain that you can't stop people from having those opinions though. They are personal thoughts, you can't police that. You can police them voicing them though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ditch. I couldn't do it