+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even on days that I just have a piece of rye toast with a poached egg for breakfast, it's still the same story, with me continually blowing it for the rest of the day.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Do you mean bircher muesli? Or is overnight oats something different? I have a great recipe for bircher muesli if anyone wants it...

Well, last night was a bust and we ended up having takeaway. It was revolting so it will be much easier to fight the urge next time. Brekkie this morning was one piece of spelt megagrain bread with two slices of cheese and a small plate of chopped fruit (banana, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries). For lunch I've made up a salad of roasted root vegetables (carrot, swede, turnip, parsnip, sweet potato, beetroot) with red and black quinoa, fresh spinach leaves, walnuts, some goat's cheese and a drizzle of hazelnut oil.

Thanks so much for the 30 days of yoga idea! I did the complete beginner one yesterday to refresh my memory as it's been awhile so I've gone to a regular yoga class and did the day 1 video this morning. My back has been wound up pretty tight and I actually had physio on it last week but the two sessions of yoga are keeping it loose. It makes me realise how slack I've been in terms of looking after myself.
    Omg that all sounds yummy!
    Mmmm, I'm going to buy a loaf of really dense, darkest rye bread I can find and on my off day tomorrow I'll have a big fat ham and salad sandwich for lunch! With SWISS cheese! Got a craving! Yum want it right now, but today is a fast day so I have to space out my calorie intake to get me through the day. It will be last fast until Monday. Hopefully I don't mess up over the weekend. Feeling pretty in control so not too worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have trouble with lunch, because I loathe the taste and texture of plain, untoasted bread, and I'm short on ideas for toasted sandwiches, beyond just plain sliced ham, chicken or turkey. I also get bored having the same thing every day, but struggle to come up with other ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    I have trouble with lunch, because I loathe the taste and texture of plain, untoasted bread, and I'm short on ideas for toasted sandwiches, beyond just plain sliced ham, chicken or turkey. I also get bored having the same thing every day, but struggle to come up with other ideas.
    What about a wrap? I could eat wraps every day! My favourite filling (for lunch or dinner ) is grilled chicken breast (warm or cold ) with cajun seasoning, salad and a dressing made from Greek yogurt, minced garlic and mint flakes. And a little grated cheese if your diet permits
    You can use pita bread or mountain bread for the wrap, but my favourite are the Mission brand wraps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have some wholemeal pita bread in the fridge, I just haven't been able to make myself eat any yet. I can't cope with even the mildest of spices, so cajun or similar flavourings are out for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have to admit, I struggle with sandwiches too so I tend to go for salads that have quinoa, lentils, chickpeas or beans in them to make them filling.

But toasted sandwiches that I love are:
    • turkey, cranberry, swiss cheese (or the naughtier version with brie), spinach
    • tuna, tomato, cheddar
    • chicken, pesto, spinach, mushroom, bit of grated parmesan
    • tomato, bocconcini, basil
    • spinach, feta, marinated capsicum
    • marinated capsicum and eggplant with feta and rocket leaves
    Wraps are yummy too and my preference is mountain bread.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-07-2015),~Marigold~  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    I have some wholemeal pita bread in the fridge, I just haven't been able to make myself eat any yet. I can't cope with even the mildest of spices, so cajun or similar flavourings are out for me.
    Ah Ok. Tweak it to your liking, wraps are so versatile and if you don't like plain bread they are such a good (healthy) alternative.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw something on the Michelle Bridges 12WBT website about eggplant toasted sandwiches, and I've been meaning to give them a go, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    Trying to start fresh today again after a pretty heavy food day yesterday.

I'm liking following simply filling from weight watchers. Here's the info for you if you're interested http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=65271

I started today with oat porridge, banana, lite soy milk latte, and some avocado which is part of my treats allowance.
    This looks really good. I'm doing normal points counting at the moment and going okay. Last night I made the weight watchers spiced lentil soup, it was delicious!

I might give it a go next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had to Google that. Eggplant and pesto would be so yummy! I could happily talk about food and flavour combinations all day. It is no wonder that I've been having issues losing weight! I just love tasty food!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-07-2015),made2bAmummy  (31-07-2015),Soon2be4  (31-07-2015),~Marigold~  (31-07-2015)