+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can really relate to your most recent post @Marigold. I like the idea of the 5:2 diet- I suspect that on it I would binge on the non fasting days. I'm interested to read how it goes for you!

I had two sick children at home yesterday, I was on track with eating until about 2pm when the endless crying and snotty noses got the better of me because DH was supposed to come home to help at 1pm but then got stuck and ended up out until after 5pm.

I decided that to cope by myself I needed two cheese n bacon buns with butter and cheese inside.

To be honest I did find the carbs and fat comforting and I coped with my sick children til DH came home, then I told him how I felt and how let down I felt and that I ate for comfort. We agreed that next time I need to be totally honest when he makes the "I might be late " call, talk it through, and see if he can possibly defer his jobs and actually come home (DH being away is one of my eating triggers cos I start to feel isolated and taken for granted and abandoned etcetera).

SO! I have two sick children home again today but I'm starting today with a fresh outlook. We are going to spend some time in the garden getting done uplifting vitamin D and sun, and I'm going to drink broths if I feel the urge to put things in my mouth lol lol.

Good luck today everyone!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (30-07-2015),Soon2be4  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well of course I got struck down with an awful cold on Monday night! Thankfully during the day on Monday I made big batches of soup, tofu scramble and baked veggies. So despite barely being able to move I have been eating well. Can't wait until it passes so I can get moving though!

This thread definitely has me feeling so motivated!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),Soon2be4  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today I dropped my oldest at school then took the little ones to the crèche at the gym whilst I did a pump class. I couldn't walk to school and the gym today because of the rain, I had to drive. Hopefully the weather clears up so I can walk to school pick up this afternoon.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),Soon2be4  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm down another kilo

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (30-07-2015),GreenMama  (29-07-2015),made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),PinkPink  (31-07-2015),Soon2be4  (29-07-2015),sparklebug  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (29-07-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Day 1 of fasting for the week and I'm doing well and managed to stay below the 500 calories rule. Breakfast was porridge which was really filling and kept me sustained until around 2pm when I started to feel hungry and had a banana. Dinner is a small tin of spaghetti which while not overly nutritious, is very low cal and again, filling.
    Tomorrow I'll eat normally, albiet healthy. I have no plans or desire to stuff this up with a binge or junk food yet I'm planning on sticking with the porridge with skim milk for breakfast, even on my "normal" days, healthy lunch and sensible dinner, just won't be crazily strict on those off days.
    Need to remember to drink more water.
    No exercise as of yet. I shall blame the weather Too cold to get DD out in the pram. I'll definitely try to implement some walking this week though. I do enjoy going on walks, just being a lazy bum.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),Soon2be4  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've realised this before but DH away is also one of my binge eating triggers I think because I get bored in the evenings plus I always stay up late as I don't sleep well alone in the house!

Sounds like everyone is doing so well! I've been going on some big walks was such a glorious day here today (sorry for all those with rain) so bundled kids up in pram and walked over to the next estate and found a park had a picnic and play and walked back. I must remember to stretch after this big walks.

Im a bit envious of the 5/2 diet not something I can do while breastfeeding. I breastfeed 2 so my calorie intake is about 2300 for weight loss and 2500 for maintenance. I'm not hugely strict on cals but have a fair idea and need real low Gi foods to feel full ahhhh it's so hard to feel full!

Keep up the awesome work, summer is just around the corner!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm down another kilo
    Fantastic! Good work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went for a 45-minute walk yesterday with DS in the pram, so an OK start.

I find the science behind the 5:2 plan fascinating when I watched it on TV and I've also read the book. I'm just not disciplined enough to fast. But I've started reading through the I Quit Sugar For Life book and Sarah Wilson's "wellness code" resonates with me.

Because I had GD while pregnant I had to diligently read all food labelling and count my carb/sugar intake, so I've decided to take that on board again but take it a bit further with some of the suggestions in IQSFL - basically going for nutrient dense foods. So loads of vegetables, some good quality meats, fish, eggs and dairy. My goal is for some carbs but in the form of small quantities of artisan bread, etc.

I'm still stuck on weet-bix for breakfast (need to work on that) but yesterday had zucchini, potato and feta soup with a slice of sourdough for lunch and baked barramundi, potato, fennel, cauliflower with steamed beans for dinner.

I'm going to have to check out this 30 days of yoga that some of you have mentioned. That sounds awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday I ate

Frittata
    Leftover Pulled pork and salad
    Lamb cutlets and salad

After dinner I ate 3 protein bliss balls (homemade). Should have stopped at 1.
    I also had some coffee and coke zero during the day.

Today I have been to the gym to lift weights and do ab exercises.

Stupid rain is stopping me from walking for the school run. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm hoping it is not too late for me to join!

I'm doing Weight Watchers online (sort of), I have been really slack.

We don't have scales in the house and don't plan on getting any due to family with eating disorders. The scales we had got thrown out as they were found.

So I'm going on dress sizes. I'm 14-16 and want to get to a 10-12, we are going to Cambodia in November so I want to lose a fair bit before then. I must say I'm finding it really hard not knowing if what I am doing is working, even on a week by week basis

I hate exercising but I have started a 30 day squat challenge, today is day two. I'm also going to do 1/2 low impact cardio dvd workouts. I have plantar faciitis so I can't do any jumping or anything like that. I will start on a cardio walking one and then after a week move to 15 min walking and 20 min aerobics. I am hoping my foot holds up, otherwise my only option is bike riding and I don't like that option either.

I'm going to do the exercise videos (on youtube as I have lost the dvds I had) 4 days per week. The other 3 days I'm going to walk the kids to the park or park a long way from the school gate and walk.

I need to be accountable somewhere! I need to stop eating when I am bored and stop eating when I study. So green tea it will be!

Hopefully my ramblings have made sense!