+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I want to join too. I've lost all motivation and I just can't seem to get back into the habit of regular exercise. I've also been eating too much junk and really need to get back on track diet-wise.

Pre-pregnancy weight: 61.5kg
    Current weight: 66kg

I'd like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight over the next couple of months and then ultimately get down to around 57/58kg and maintain that. But more important than weight for me is just feeling and looking better. Exercise and good diet have always given me loads of energy and a healthy glow. I also want to set a good example of my SS who is becoming increasingly sedentary as a teenager, and to have the energy I'll need to keep up with DS (10 months) once he starts walking.

I was doing well - walking 4-5x a week for 30-45 minutes - but it's all just gone out the window since we moved house a month ago.

So my goals for the next month are to walk 2-3x a week and do 1-2x 30-minute Nike Training Club session each week.
    Last edited by Cat74; 27-07-2015 at 10:55.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-07-2015),~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I'm in! I'm trying to shift baby weight and get back into the fab clothes I had bought before I fell pregnant (I had just lost 8kgs so splurged on a new wardrobe - now I can't get anything even over my ankles, let alone my thighs).

Pre-pregnancy: 61kg
    Pregnant: 85kg
    Current: 74kg

I was hoping to go low carb, high fat as I had great success with this last year but I'm a bit stumped as my DD (7wks) is suspected CMSPI so I've had to cut out dairy and soy from my diet. I need to work out good subs for all cheese, cream etc I was going to use!

Exercise wise I'm just walking and going to a weekly class at the hospital run by a Physio.
    Me too please!

I did a 28 day healthy mummy challenge at the start if the year and dropped 4.5 kgs and I've out most back on!

My DS is also CMPI (I can have soy) so cutting out milk has been a pain but it's much easier now.

Nuttelex instead of butter, soy (or in your case almond) milk instead of milk, cheese - I don't have any - dairy free cheese is rubbish! .

I made a creamy pasta sauce the other day using 1 tbsp nuttelex melted in the pan, add cornflour and water mixture (2tbsp flour and 4 tbsp water), thin using soy (or almond) milk and chicken stock (play with quantities depending how thick or thin you want it . Chuck in some broccoli, capsicum and ham - was yuuuum!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello, I've jumped the gun and started already. I know it's not a race lol lol. I am just mentally ready to change things since the birth of our baby girl 7ish months ago.

Yesterday I walked 20 minutes at 6kph and jogged 10 minutes at 9kph on the treadmill. Today I did a 50 minute walk with the pram- some uphill some down.

I feel starving and tired but at the same time energised. I had cold (dry baked- no oil) roast pumpkin & potato for morning tea and it really filled that hungry spot. I thought I was going to have a full on pig out but those veggies and three big glasses of water fixed me.

Part of my journey to health is to look after my needs a bit more too and stop putting everyone else first and then feeling sorry for myself SO baby is having a nap and after I write this I'm taking a nap too.

How's everyone going? What's everyone doing?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-07-2015),wobbleyhorse  (27-07-2015),~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @A-Squared!

Did you find the 28 day challenge do-able even having to cut dairy? I know a lot of the recipes have dairy in them so wondering if it's worth doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I've done my usual trick of as soon as I decided to eat healthy etc I end up eating really bad food! So after a weekend of junk I'm on board again.

I've walked to the shops today pushing the pram/baby and toddler and have the Lamb Shanks from I quit sugar in the slow cooker.

Hopefully once I get the baby asleep and the toddler entertained then I can do my core exercises (I have a fair bit of muscle separation to work on).

Hope everyone else is well 😀

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (30-07-2015),made2bAmummy  (27-07-2015),Soon2be4  (27-07-2015),~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work to those that have started, I just did a little walk this morning. last week and this week I have menu planned and made Michelle bridges recipes so I have stuck mostly to my calorie intake and finally feeling fuller again rather than just constant snacking.

What kind of core exercises does everyone do?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to join in too.

Pre pregnancy weight 55kg

Current weight 64kg

I'm finding it very difficult to shift the pregnancy weight after my 3rd baby. I ate lots of chocolate last night but I am ready to get on the healthy eating track this week.

I had a green tea this morning before walking to school drop off, then on to the gym for a pump class.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a vanilla protein shake made with water at the gym cafe after my pump class. It wasn't very nice, I don't think I'll be ordering that again.

I'm walking home with the pram and then walking back to school for pick up this afternoon...unless it's raining

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (27-07-2015),~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to thank the ladies who recommended the 30 days of yoga!!!
    I have been really bad with exercise the last couple months, so I have been so sore the last few days!

This morning I got up half an hour earlier and decided to try the 30 days of yoga, omg I felt sooooo much better!!! Although still a bit sore, but I keep telling myself it's a good pain

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (29-07-2015),made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),~Marigold~  (28-07-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So glad to see so many of you on board, it really REALLY has given me the motivation I need right now.
    So, as I originally stated, I'm going to start tomorrow. I've had DD's birthday today and a party on the weekend, so knew I'd want to get all of that out of the way before beginning my diet. No, not diet, I hate that word... Healthy lifestyle plan
    So basically I'm comfortable sitting between 60-63kg. Right now I'm between 68-69. I've put on a few kg over the last 6 months or so (was at around 64 over xmas which was OK) and the reason for the gain is simply not caring or trying anymore. I've done no exercise this year at all (I usually would go on daily 1 hour brisk walks and it would suffice and keep my weight stable ) and haven't cared about what I've been eating in the slightest; definitely choosing the wrong foods lately. Emotional eating at times. Eating until I'm very full. Etc etc.
    My plan of action for week one will be the 5:2 fasting diet (that darn word again!). I love it and it works for me. For those who aren't familiar with 5:2, it's eating no more than 500 calories on any two days of the week and then eating normally on the other 5. This works out the same as eating 1200 controlled daily, which most other plans require. I'll adapt it and do 3 fast days for week one and see how I go. So fasting Wednesday, Friday and Monday.

I need this. Thanks to all who have joined this thread, so thrilled!

Good luck beautiful ladies, let's do this thing!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 28-07-2015 at 23:14.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (30-07-2015),Kenta  (29-07-2015),made2bAmummy  (29-07-2015),sparklebug  (29-07-2015)