+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having sumo salad ricotta and spinach canelonni for lunch, not really LCHF but better than the pie i wanted lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-08-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Breakfast - 2 pieces multigrain bread with vegemite and a small glass of juice
    Morning tea - protein drink after the gym
    Lunch - Meat pie
    Afternoon tea - small (20g) packet of kettles original chips and a mandarin.
    Dinner - chicken and vegetable starry
    Dessert - mini weis bar.

Did an hour at the gym (~400cal according to my fitbit) and was able to do some heavier weights which was good.

Up to 2L of water, just need to get another litre in over the evening.
    Sounds like you're doing really well!
    Two questions if I may? What is chicken starry?
    And why are you aiming for 3 litres of water a day? Isn't that too much? I only ask because I'm trying myself to up my daily water intake and everything I've ever read says 6-8 glasses a day (and lately even that has been revised and no longer being pushed) so I'd think 3 litres is excessive? Don't forget that much of our daily water is achieved through other foods and drinks, so don't stress too much over forcing yourself to drink litres and litres of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Starry = Stir Fry, maybe? Otherwise I haven't got a clue. Never heard of a starry before.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Hahaha chicken stir-fry not chicken starry.

I drink 1500-2000mls of water during an hour gym session.

I live in a hot and humid climate, so I need to keep my fluid replacement up.

I find 2-3L of water/day is a good amount to prevent myself from feeling the effects of dehydration (headaches and tiredness are big ones for me) and I don't drink tea or coffee so it's the majority of my oral intake for the day. Also notice a massive difference in my skin when I've drunk enough water compared to when I haven't.
    Haha OK, chicken starry sounded intriguing, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I don't think I can do the fast days. Maybe I'm better off just sticking to what I was doing?
    I spoke to a dietitian a few months back about the 5:2 diet, and was told you don't have to do the full day if you have nothing to eat from dinner to say lunch the following day that would still work. I am giving this a try.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcspack For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Oh my honey, I hear you. Fasting definitely has it's negatives and isn't the solution for everyone.
    FWIW, I couldn't do this week in week out. But, the type of person I am (impatient with myself, kind of impulsive) I love the challenge and the fast results. So in the past I've done 6 week stretches of the 5/2 (or 5/3, I add an extra day for even better loss ), reached my goal and then went back to just trying to eat more healthily day to day.
    It's not worth doing if it's making you feel miserable. And don't be so hard on yourself! Sheesh lady, you are like freaking Wonder Woman to all of us, you are one the strongest, most resilient people I've ever come across, you have power in spades my friend, you're just an amazing, courageous person and don't you ever forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    MKF a bloody sausage is not failing spectacularly! Like marigold said you are outrageously strong and an inspiration to most people on the whole forum, let alone just this thread!

I had a pretty rubbish day with food yesterday due to a run of very little sleep (thanks kids!). Have been running every second day though and doing yoga too. Went to bed at 7:30pm last night and have already been out for my run so today is going to be much better! My scales are broken though so I have no idea about my weight. Thinking about joining up with weight watchers again and actually going to meetings. My local meeting is on Saturday mornings so it would be a nice opportunity to have some me time too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    Yeah, the couple of slices of Dominos pizza I had for dinner on Sunday is more a failure than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcspack View Post
    I spoke to a dietitian a few months back about the 5:2 diet, and was told you don't have to do the full day if you have nothing to eat from dinner to say lunch the following day that would still work. I am giving this a try.
    Thanks lovely people. Sometimes I overestimate myself and I'm often inclined to try and be perfect. So deep breath! I think I'm going to ditch the 5:2 for now and just concentrate on good, low calorie, healthy food.

Today I had an egg on toast for breakfast, ryvitas, WW cottage cheese and tuna for morning tea, I made cauliflower, leek and potato soup for lunch, I had two rice paper rolls for afternoon tea and a chicken and veggie stirfry for dinner.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (12-08-2015),wobbleyhorse  (12-08-2015),~Marigold~  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Thanks lovely people. Sometimes I overestimate myself and I'm often inclined to try and be perfect. So deep breath! I think I'm going to ditch the 5:2 for now and just concentrate on good, low calorie, healthy food.

Today I had an egg on toast for breakfast, ryvitas, WW cottage cheese and tuna for morning tea, I made cauliflower, leek and potato soup for lunch, I had two rice paper rolls for afternoon tea and a chicken and veggie stirfry for dinner.
    That sounds perfect. You will nail it in no time with the delicious, healthy food you're eating there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are we at the half way point now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misskittyfantastico thanks for noting down what you're eating- I decided to
    make a beef and veggie soup which was tasty.

I'm actually feeling a little bit flat at the moment- have a few non serious things going on - politics on the kinder committee, I'm returning to work a couple of days a week, my baby who's almost 1 is starting daycare and I just feel a bit teary. It's silly because I know she'll be fine - my 2 other kids went to this centre and the carers are almost all the same but I still feel upset.

Anyway....it's times like these where id turn to biscuits, but I'm trying to be really strong!!! Will let you know how I go.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (12-08-2015),~Marigold~  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Are we at the half way point now?
    Yes, today is exactly 2 weeks for me. I think I'll be doing this for longer than a month though.

How's everyone going?