+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Has anyone ever read French Women Don't Get Fat? This is the essence of it - they sit down, eat small portions slowly and really savour the flavours.

Eating slowly does give your brain and stomach a chance to realise you've had enough so there's definitely something in it.

I'm definitely guilty of eating like it's a race, which started when bub was new and I might only get 10 minutes to grab a bite before the onslaught of baby wrangling started again.
    That's how I eat as well! I barely taste what I eat as it's normally done one handed, juggling a baby and/or toddler!

I need to make an effort to shove baby/toddler at hubby so I can eat in piece :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm guilty of this as well, trying to make a conscious effort to sit and eat slowly but it's hard sometimes just not enough hours in the day
    Sometimes I feed the kids, clean up after them the sit down and eat, sometimes it just doesn't work....but sometimes it's a great 15mins I can actually taste the food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Has anyone ever read French Women Don't Get Fat? This is the essence of it - they sit down, eat small portions slowly and really savour the flavours.

Eating slowly does give your brain and stomach a chance to realise you've had enough so there's definitely something in it.

I'm definitely guilty of eating like it's a race, which started when bub was new and I might only get 10 minutes to grab a bite before the onslaught of baby wrangling started again.
    I have actually read that book- many years ago but now it's coming back to
    me. No exercise for the French either - just incidental which is so different to what we're drummed into here. Although even Michelle Bridges says its 80% diet and 20% exercise and that's her bread and butter so to speak!

I do hear all of you ladies- it is sooo hard to savour meals when you have little people running around. I had to
    wait until the baby was down for her nap and the bigger kids entertained with craft to boil my poor egg and eat it in peace! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default 4 week winter challenge!

Incidental exercise is right. We in Oz tend to hop in the car a lot more readily whereas Europeans walk a lot more as a mode of transport.

Since having bub I walk so much less than I used to. I used to walk to and/or from work (25 minutes each way), now I feel like I'm perpetually running late so I drive heaps more. I need to work on that. 😐

Mental note: I must stop blaming the baby. If I really wanted to do these things I absolutely could/would/should. I have it in me. I just lack the motivation and discipline at the moment.
    Last edited by Cat74; 08-08-2015 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Beforev I forget!
    Breakfast - one egg on toast, two cups of white tea.
    Lunch - beef and veggie soup.
    Afternoon tea - one white coffee and three rice cakes with tuna and WW cottage cheese.
    Dinner - steak, crunchy potatoes and ratatouille.
    Water, green tea and one coke zero throughout the day.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Inspiration for the new week tomorrow. New day, fresh start 😃
    Attached Images

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (10-08-2015),GreenMama  (10-08-2015),PinkPink  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Can I come join? Stupid holiday weight from 3 months ago......
    Welcome aboard, the more the merrier! What's your plan of action?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Weigh in day! I've been sick this week so haven't managed to do any yoga and have had some very poor food moments but then was very good when my husband bought, ice cream, chocolate and potato chips on the weekend and managed to resist all but one small scoop of ice cream - and it wasn't good enough to be worth the calories.

Starting weight: 66kg
    Last week's weight: 65kg
    Today's weight: 63.8kg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Kcspack  (10-08-2015),PinkPink  (10-08-2015),wobbleyhorse  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fasting today.
    I had planned on doing 3 fast days last week, but only did the 2, so haven't had a fast day since last Wednesday; so have had 4 days of normal eating in a row. I usually don't like to leave it that many days between fasts, even though it's recommended you do 2 nonconsecutive days, I feel like I'm slacking off! My aim this week is for 3 fast days, being today, Wednesday and Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went a bit off track over the weekend. A few too many wines on Saturday night meant I was hung over on Sunday and ate lots of chocolate.

So I am back on board today, starting with the gym this morning. It's raining so I will have to drive.

Hope everyone else is off to a great start this week.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (10-08-2015),PinkPink  (10-08-2015),~Marigold~  (10-08-2015)