+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done on the losses everyone!

Just went out for my first run since November and man it felt great! I have recurring runners knee and am doing everything I can to avoid it this time, so am starting out really slow. Planned on doing 1km but didn't realise my Garmin was set in miles - so I actually did 1.6km. Oh well, that can be my starting distance, it's still nice and short. Praying that my knee holds up because I absolutely love running!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (07-08-2015),PinkPink  (07-08-2015),~Marigold~  (07-08-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    Hi guys - well today is my second weigh in and I lost 1.5kgs! Total loss
    of 3.1kgs. My stretchy size 12 jeans still give me serious muffin but definately a lot better than 2 weeks ago. I tried on my regular size 12s and I could barely get them up so I have a long way to go! I'm a little embarrassed to put my starting weight- will definately do it when I lost some more :/

I'm starting 5:2 today with a fast day today so I plan to have a skinny latte at 9am, a boiled egg perhaps around lunchtime and I got myself a 350 calorie frozen meal from Aldi for dinner (Thai green curry). I will supplement with plenty of herbal tea and soda water. Wish me luck because I have a tendency to get 'HANGRY' haha although since I've reduced my calories for the past 2 Weeks hopefully it's not too much of a shock.

Good luck everyone! Came across a suitable quote regarding weight loss - the best time to plant a tree was years ago....the second best time is NOW hehe
    Can't wait to hear about how you go today. The Aldi meals are amongst the lowest calorie ones I've come across. Also, have a look down the tinned soup isle, they have big tins of soup like minestrone (really delicious! ) and I've had them for dinner before during a fast. Very low calorie.
    Congrats on your loss, that's fantastic!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg...lol! I thought I'd try on my size 12 jeans that I couldn't button up (see pic page 1) after reading about your jeans @PinkPink and..... They fit!! Sure there's still a little muffin, lol, but they do up! And I can even fit my thumb in, haha. Pretty stoked with this after only a 9 days. Wowsers trousers! Eeeep.
    Attached Images

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (07-08-2015),GreenMama  (07-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (07-08-2015),PinkPink  (07-08-2015),wobbleyhorse  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't expect this so soon. Might need a belt next week
    Attached Images

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

delirium  (08-08-2015),Kcspack  (07-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (07-08-2015),PinkPink  (07-08-2015),wobbleyhorse  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done to everyone! I'm just cruising along. I haven't weighed myself as I don't have scales so may venture into the skinny clothes draw and see how I fare!

Does anyone know if the 5:2 would be suitable while breastfeeding? I'm guessing maybe the fasting days would effect supply? Would love to hear if anyone has done it and it's been ok.

Have a great Friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go today @PinkPink ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats everyones eating plan for the weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    How did you go today @PinkPink ?
    I survived! It actually wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I had
    my coffee early on and that sustained me until 11am when I felt hungry. So I had a herbal tea and hung out until about 1pm to have my boiled egg with plenty of pepper. It sounds weird, but I sat down at the table, sliced the egg, and ate it slowly with a knife and fork and really enjoyed it. I think my biggest problem is scarfing food down without truely savouring it.

Plenty of soda water and another tea got me through the arvo

Anyway I had the chicken curry meal probably at 4.30pm which was really yummy! I think spicey food also makes you feel fuller so I was fine until bedtime.

I think my fast days will have to be planned when I have a busy day or when Im at work because the day goes a lot quicker. I was at home all day yesterday with the kids and it was
    hard not to think about food even though I wasn't necessarily hungry.

At no stage did I feel woozy or light headed and after the chicken curry, I could have gone for a walk and been fine.

Ok so now apparently I can have 1600 calories on my non fast days but I'm just going to do what you do @Marigold and just make good choices without focussing on calories.

Going to tuck into porridge for brekky this morning

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (08-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (08-08-2015),~Marigold~  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like you breezed through your first fast day @PinkPink, well done! It makes me feel a bit less scared for my first one on Monday!

Yesterday I ate:
    Breakfast - 1/2 cup of porridge and milk and a cup of tea.
    Morning tea - two rice cakes with WW cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber
    Lunch - veggie stew
    Afternoon tea - Celery sticks and a coffee.
    Dinner - Frittata
    I'm having green tea and water throughout the day and I also had a coke zero.

I think I did well considering I did some baking!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (08-08-2015),PinkPink  (08-08-2015),~Marigold~  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    It sounds weird, but I sat down at the table, sliced the egg, and ate it slowly with a knife and fork and really enjoyed it. I think my biggest problem is scarfing food down without truely savouring it.
    Has anyone ever read French Women Don't Get Fat? This is the essence of it - they sit down, eat small portions slowly and really savour the flavours.

Eating slowly does give your brain and stomach a chance to realise you've had enough so there's definitely something in it.

I'm definitely guilty of eating like it's a race, which started when bub was new and I might only get 10 minutes to grab a bite before the onslaught of baby wrangling started again.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (08-08-2015),PinkPink  (08-08-2015),wobbleyhorse  (08-08-2015)