+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Going GF wouldn't help me because my problem is snacking on too much chocolate and lots of varieties of chocolate are GF!
    Helps me because I like snacking on muffins and biscuits and cakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definately intrigued about 5:2 - I'm obviously sticking to 1200 a day but I'm a little impatient as I have some functions coming up in the next few weeks - might give it a go after my next weigh in. There's a show on at 8.45pm tonight called 'the truth about calories' which I want to watch. Hope everyone is going well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I join late?
    Have been doing lchf on and off for 8 months but really need to stick to it!
    Went to the gym in my lunch break today and then hypoxi after work have about 20kg to loose but just want to loose 5-10 before we go to Mackay in October

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping28 View Post
    Can I join late?
    Have been doing lchf on and off for 8 months but really need to stick to it!
    Went to the gym in my lunch break today and then hypoxi after work have about 20kg to loose but just want to loose 5-10 before we go to Mackay in October
    You sure can! Welcome & good luck 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    I'm definately intrigued about 5:2 - I'm obviously sticking to 1200 a day but I'm a little impatient as I have some functions coming up in the next few weeks - might give it a go after my next weigh in. There's a show on at 8.45pm tonight called 'the truth about calories' which I want to watch. Hope everyone is going well
    I read up on the 5:2 before starting and it has some amazing health benefits. During fasting your body uses energy to restore cells. It's said to be a great tool in preventing Cancer and also increases your life expectancy. I highly recommend reading up on it, it is backed by many in the medical/scientific world.
    It's suggested people can and should eat this way for life. It's fascinating stuff!
    Speaking of which, I'll be doing my fourth fast day tomorrow and it will be day one of my second week.
    One week down, three to go to reach my first mini goal 😄

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    still here :-) still exercising ( treadmill and long walks with the babies in the pram :-) still eating my right amount of calories.
    haven't weighed myself yet been so tempted but really want to see the month out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Marigold I've visited the 5:2 website to find out more. I've worked out that on my non fasting days I could have 1600 calories - but that worries me as that seems like a lot more than im currently eating. But are you just eating relatively healthy and not really counting calories on those days? Think I might give it a go after Friday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPink View Post
    @Marigold I've visited the 5:2 website to find out more. I've worked out that on my non fasting days I could have 1600 calories - but that worries me as that seems like a lot more than im currently eating. But are you just eating relatively healthy and not really counting calories on those days? Think I might give it a go after Friday
    I just eat normally on my non fast days. I have been trying to lean towards healthier on those days, but have had take away and also alcohol and still lost weight.
    Here's an example of what I'd typically eat:
    Fast day : Breakfast- oats with skim milk or a boiled egg or two on a slice of wholemeal multigrain toast
    Lunch - a banana or 2 Ryvita biscuits with cottage cheese and tomato or
    Tuna and salad
    Dinner - Depending on how many calories I have left, I've been having a small tin of spaghetti (100 cals per tin) or a microwave meal (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice etc are calorie controlled and often between 200-350 cals) which I find very convenient. I've also found tinned soup very low calorie.
    I usually have a cup of coffee as well and lots of water and soda water to which I add lemon juice.
    A typical non fast day for me would be :
    Breakfast- 2 slices of toast with vegemite and margarine or eggs on toast or porridge or cereal.
    Lunch- Don't really eat a meal at lunch time, just whatever is on hand, leftovers or a light snack depending on how hungry I am
    Dinner is normal, I'll often have spaghetti bol or Tikka chicken and rice or meat and veg, chicken and salad wraps, Vietnamese dumpling and noodle soup etc. Take away once or twice a week, chocolate once or twice, alcohol maybe once or twice a month.
    I don't follow any set calorie intake on my off days though.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 05-08-2015 at 10:00.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PinkPink I just calculated what my calorie intake will be for today, a fasting day..

Breakfast - 1 slice toast spread with cottage cheese - 153 calories
    2 eggs - 139 calories
    1 can of energy drink during the day, sugarfree- 23 calories
    Dinner - tinned spaghetti, 150 calories

= total 465 calories.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really want to do the 5:2 diet! I'm still breastfeeding though and am mega sleep deprived.

Almost over my sickness I'm hoping so I might try going for a light jog in the morning. Thought about taking the girls out in the double pram but the tyres are a bit flat.

Going to make lentil and mushroom shepards pie with cauliflower on top instead of potato.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-08-2015)