Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yesterday I ate:
    bacon and eggs
    frittata
    pulled pork and coleslaw
    salmon and vegies
    bliss balls

Exercise- pump class, walked to gym and to school pickup.

Today I have had scrambled eggs for breakfast and a coffee.

I cannot go to the gym today because my daughter vomitted a couple of times last night so I have kept her home from school. She is feeling better, so I will go out for a big walk this afternoon with the pram.

What has everyone eaten so far today?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    How's everyone going?

I did my third fast day yesterday. Some fasting days I really struggle, but yesterday I was fine, I think due to the filling breakfast I had, which was 2 boiled eggs on multigrain toast. This came in just under half my daily calorie allowance so I still had room for a couple of coffees, small dinner and loads of soda water with lemon juice to help keep me feeling full throughout the day.
    Tomorrow marks the end of one week and I'll be doing another fast day.
    Sounds like you are doing great. What is your daily calorie allowance for fast days and non fast days?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @TeBe, do you have a recipe for bliss balls?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great. What is your daily calorie allowance for fast days and non fast days?
    Fast days is 500 calories. According to the 5:2 rule, you're basically allowed to eat normally for 5 days of the week, but I'm still making them relatively healthy. (I'm also adding an extra fast day, so 4:3) Today for example is my "normal" day and I've just had a piece of toast for breakfast and for lunch I'm having brown rice and veggies in a beef salsa sauce. Not sure about dinner yet.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-08-2015 at 12:34.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The thing I like about the 5:2 fasting plan is you don't feel as deprived as with other diets (for me, anyway) and I find even on my "normal" eating days I lean towards healthier options anyway, because your body just feels lighter; I don't wake up after a fast feeling like eating junk, I wake feeling strong and motivated and cleansed. The fact that I can still have a burger or chocolate or whatever most days (if I wanted to) is very non restrictive and gives me a sense of control.
    Fast days are sometimes mentally challenging, because the calorie intake is so low, but I get through with the knowledge that it's "just one day".
    Also, weight loss is fast, and I'm pretty impatient!
    I've gone the traditional route in the past and it worked, but so did the 5:2 when I did it last year, I lost a few stubborn kgs and felt great.
    It's good that you can pretty much "forget" about calorie counting and restrictions for the most part, as long as you don't think that non fast days = blow out days.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-08-2015 at 13:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @TeBe, do you have a recipe for bliss balls?
    I just google recipes for low carb bliss balls or no sugar bliss balls and kind of make it up as i go.

I use a combination of dates, almonds, almond meal, vanilla essence, protein powder and cocoa powder, wizzed in the processor and rolled in coconut.

I like mine really chocolatey so I use chocolate protein powder and cocoa powder. I have made them with hazelnuts before and they taste really good, kind of like ferrero rocher

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exactly the kind of thing I'm after to combat the chocolate fix. I have occasionally been having 1 square of Alter Eco chocolate in the evenings with half a glass of milk, but that chocolate is sooooo expensive I can't keep that up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly the kind of thing I'm after to combat the chocolate fix. I have occasionally been having 1 square of Alter Eco chocolate in the evenings with half a glass of milk, but that chocolate is sooooo expensive I can't keep that up.
    Are you following the I quit sugar/ Sarah Wilson plan? She has some good recipes for bliss balls.

I also eat 2 squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate when I need a chocolate fix. 2 squares has 6 grams of carbs so I can usually fit it in to my low carb plan. I aim to eat only 20 grams of carbs a day to try and get into and stay in ketosis, but it's hard to keep the carb count that low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @TeBe, I've read IQS but I'm not doing the 8-week program. Just cutting down on refined sugars and processed foods in general. My DH has given up gluten again after being on a bit of a gluten bender so that means that our dinners (and often lunches if I'm preparing them for both of us) are gluten free. With GF you pretty much have to go back to whole foods to be 100% everything GF, but that's a good way to really watch what you eat and cuts out an enormous amount of rubbishy "food".

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeBe, I've read IQS but I'm not doing the 8-week program. Just cutting down on refined sugars and processed foods in general. My DH has given up gluten again after being on a bit of a gluten bender so that means that our dinners (and often lunches if I'm preparing them for both of us) are gluten free. With GF you pretty much have to go back to whole foods to be 100% everything GF, but that's a good way to really watch what you eat and cuts out an enormous amount of rubbishy "food".
    Going GF wouldn't help me because my problem is snacking on too much chocolate and lots of varieties of chocolate are GF!