+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    @Catzilla, I find if I have sugar at breakfast, even if it's a tiny amount, my day goes downhill from there. Because I had fruit for breakfast this morning, all I feel like now is a choc-chip cookie with a cuppa. It's like it sets my tastebuds to crave more sweetness. When pregnant with GD I replaced the sprinkle of brown sugar on my oats with cinnamon instead. Might be worth a try to see if it makes a difference? Cinnamon actually stabilises blood sugar so you can flatten out the high and subsequent plummet cycle. Something to think about anyway...

It's so hard starting out. I have very little discipline so it will be interesting to see how this goes for me over the month (and more). I think most important is not to beat yourself up when you slip. Just start over and keep trying to do your best.
    I agree completely with the sugar, crave it so much more if I have it in the morning.....constantly, the whole day I will feel like something sweet, otherwise it's just the evenings that crave anything and everything sweet
    We also substitute cinnamon for the sugar in porridge it may not be that great first go, but it's not bad, I've even weened DD off sugar in her porridge with cinnamon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's not just sweet stuff I eat too much of during the day. It's anything and everything - sweet or savoury. I'm not necessarily even hungry. I'm just back and forth to the pantry and fridge all day, sometimes without even thinking about it; and by the time I do think, it's too late, I've already done the damage. Can't wait until I find paid work again, so I won't be spending so much time at home with constant access to food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    It's not just sweet stuff I eat too much of during the day. It's anything and everything - sweet or savoury. I'm not necessarily even hungry. I'm just back and forth to the pantry and fridge all day, sometimes without even thinking about it; and by the time I do think, it's too late, I've already done the damage. Can't wait until I find paid work again, so I won't be spending so much time at home with constant access to food.
    I am the opposite, I find it easier to make good food choices when I am at home. At work, I would be really busy, get super hungry and then make a bad food choice. The office biscuit tin beckoned me in the afternoons and it was always someones birthday so there seemed to be a lot of cake going around, plus friday night drinks.

At home, I can control what food comes into the house, so I try to have nothing tempting around, no chocolate, no biscuits.

So Catzilla can you try and write down what food you eat for a whole day, and then you could perhaps try to make some better choices the following day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find keeping track of food helpful also, there is an app my fitness pal, and I log my food, so easy to use and you see how many calories you have consumed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Kcspack  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even if I don't have any junk in the house, if I want it badly enough, I just go out and get it anyway. Healthy food often seems to go off in the fridge before I get around to trying to eat it.

I used to use CalorieKing to log what I ate, but it made no difference whatsoever to my eating habits even seeing how much was going in each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1438328874.777763.jpghi ladies, I haven't caught up on reading, just want to share my dinner- roasted pumpkin & sweet potato salad. The dressing is feta, pine nuts, white wine vinegar, olive oil, rosemary.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (31-07-2015),PomPoms  (31-07-2015),wobbleyhorse  (31-07-2015),~Marigold~  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    I'll take the Bircher muesli recipe always looking for something new for breakfast!
    Here it is...
    http://www.eatingfood.com/bircher-muesli/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-07-2015),sparklebug  (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Yum. I like the look of that. I bought myself a jar, with the view to starting to make myself overnight oats to have for breakfasts, but again I never got around to it. Will definitely either try that or the Bircher muesli some time.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I've been eating low carb high fat. Not much exercise as DS2 won't let me leave the room without him let alone to the gym lol I'm missing working out so much.

I'm actually below my pre pg weight now and have lost 7kg with 10+ to go. My stomach has gone down so much from the lack of carbs and my size 12 skinny jeans that didn't do up are now getting a tad big in the bum Size 8 here I come.
    Can you give me an example of some LCHF foods or meal ideas? Ta x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Can you give me an example of some LCHF foods or meal ideas? Ta x
    anything with eggs. Full of protein to fill you up. Boiled, omelette, frittata.
    Bacon and eggs
    butter
    cream
    cheese
    salads
    dip with chopped celery and carrot. The Delish dips are both yummy and very low carb.
    Protein and veg - so steak/chicken/fish and vegies, just don't have too much potato. Substitute with sweet potato or cauliflower mash.
    Tunned tuna
    Stir fry
    naked burgers - basically what you put on a burger minus the bun, it really is still yummy.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/coll...tions,low-carb
    Last edited by delirium; 31-07-2015 at 22:38.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (01-08-2015),~Marigold~  (31-07-2015)