+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 4 week winter challenge!

Diet buddies wanted
    Who wants to join me for a 4 week diet overhaul? I need a place to come in and chat with like minded people and share our goals, progress and plans.
    All welcome! Post here if you want to kick start your butt into gear, lose a few kg or just need some accountability for keeping healthy.

I plan on starting next Wednesday, so lots of time still to plan and prepare.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (24-07-2015),Kcspack  (24-07-2015),ScubaGal  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OK, being brave here...
    These are a size 12 pair of jeans that I can no longer button up! This is my goal, lol... to fit into these by the end of 4 weeks and go from there.
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, me please! Id really like to overhaul my diet, it's shocking at the moment. I don't have much spare time for exercise so I want to concentrate on my diet first. Too much sugar, too many carbs. I feel so bloated and yuck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll have a go. Need to drop about 20kg, and all the exercise in the world won't help if my diet is still crap. My breakfast is generally okay, but it's all downhill from there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hearing you both! Yay, we'll get there ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh me please! I feel completely disgusting at the moment. My eating has been pretty rubbish lately and I've been so sedentary. Aside from how I feel/look physically, it's taking a toll on my mental health. Time to make a big change! I need to get in shape before summer, I struggle with the heat and it's a million times harder when I already feel so uncomfortable in my own skin.

@Marigold, I also have a pair of size 12 jeans stashed away to one day fit into but as I'm currently in size 16 jeans I won't be sharing the same photo! Haha. I might take some photos tomorrow though actually and do a before and after at the end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    Oh me please! I feel completely disgusting at the moment. My eating has been pretty rubbish lately and I've been so sedentary. Aside from how I feel/look physically, it's taking a toll on my mental health. Time to make a big change! I need to get in shape before summer, I struggle with the heat and it's a million times harder when I already feel so uncomfortable in my own skin.
    @Marigold, I also have a pair of size 12 jeans stashed away to one day fit into but as I'm currently in size 16 jeans I won't be sharing the same photo! Haha. I might take some photos tomorrow though actually and do a before and after at the end.
    You've described pretty much how I'm feeling exactly.
    I'm so bloated, I put on weight mainly around my stomach area and just feel so blobby and unattractive right now.
    The photo idea is great, I'm aiming for an after shot I can be proud of as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes me!!!

I had DD via csection 2 weeks ago today. It's been tumultuous to say the least. With an ICU admission out of the way I really feel I need to focus on my health. Weight loss is a goal but probably more importantly is vitality at the moment.

Pre pregnancy weight - 62kg (this was 5kg over my goal weight of 57kg)
    Pregnancy weight - 78kg
    Current weight - 66.7kg
    Goal weight 1 - 62kg
    Goal weight 2 - 57kg

Planning on focussing on clean eating, sugar free foods and upping bp lowering foods. Combined with abdominal exercises to close up ab separation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! I would like to join in too. My size 12 (and by size 12 I mean my stretchy size 12 jeans) are so uncomfortable at the moment and I would love to drop 5kgs.

I have been going to the gym 3 times a week but it's my eating that has been out of control. I'm going to start tracking on my fitness pal to keep myself accountable.

Good luck to us all !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPink For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in! I'm trying to shift baby weight and get back into the fab clothes I had bought before I fell pregnant (I had just lost 8kgs so splurged on a new wardrobe - now I can't get anything even over my ankles, let alone my thighs).

Pre-pregnancy: 61kg
    Pregnant: 85kg
    Current: 74kg

I was hoping to go low carb, high fat as I had great success with this last year but I'm a bit stumped as my DD (7wks) is suspected CMSPI so I've had to cut out dairy and soy from my diet. I need to work out good subs for all cheese, cream etc I was going to use!

Exercise wise I'm just walking and going to a weekly class at the hospital run by a Physio.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2015)