+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2yo is between 7-8pm. She sleeps until 7-7.30am on a good night. She's a tough one to get to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3yo: 6:30pm
    5yo: 7:00pm
    7yo and almost 9yo: 7:30pm

There is nothing left to do house wise once they're in bed. I make sure that everything is done before bedtime so then I can just relax and/or study

Thanks
    Reviews
    1yr old and 3 yr old here and lights out is between 5:30-6pm. LOVE that they go to sleep so early but they are also early risers. I try to do as much as I can during the day so I can switch off once they're in bed. Things like mopping I will do at night though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    3yo: 6:30pm
    5yo: 7:00pm
    7yo and almost 9yo: 7:30pm

There is nothing left to do house wise once they're in bed. I make sure that everything is done before bedtime so then I can just relax and/or study
    Wow you must be super organised?? I try and get things done during the day but I have that YouTube baby that pulls everything out as I put away and after school now I try and have a bit of play time with kids if no activities which means dinner is a rush and often not cleaned up til after bub is in bed. Though I'm working on getting kids to help while bub still in high chair.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What time do your kids go to bed?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    DD1 is 7 and goes to bed at 8pm
    DS just turned 5 and lights out at 7:30
    DD2 is 2 and lights out at 7/7:15
    This is what my kids bedtimes should be! But 6 yo will not go to sleep until 8 yo is in bed. So it's 8.30 and then ms8 reads until 9/9.30. Yesterday as I had 2 sick kids thought we'd eat early bed early. Went ok bub in bed by 7 but Dp only gets home at that time and if we are ahead of schedule he ends up doing stuff with them like an extra story or playing or even last night was mathletics. I think I'm probably the only one who wants them in bed sooner. Hmmm might need a routine rethink...
    Last edited by Freyamum; 24-07-2015 at 11:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Wow you must be super organised?? I try and get things done during the day but I have that YouTube baby that pulls everything out as I put away and after school now I try and have a bit of play time with kids if no activities which means dinner is a rush and often not cleaned up til after bub is in bed. Though I'm working on getting kids to help while bub still in high chair.
    Not really, I'm actually quite a lazy person but I am much more inclined to do things earlier in the day, if I left them until evening/kids were in bed, it just wouldn't get done. So after dinner, I do the dishes, and pack up anything that is on the floor, then start the bedtime routine. Washing is done in the morning, vacuuming in the afternoon, and everything else gets done as I go, so housework doesn't pile up on me. Because that's the WORST. The messier things are/the more there is to do, the less I feel like doing it, which puts me in a grumpy mood.

If the house is untidy/things need doing, my mood plummets and I turn into this horrid grumpy screaming banshee. I need a tidy/clean house in order to function.

But I will say, that this is more of a recent thing, when I had newborns/babies/toddlers the house was often in a state, because I had clingy babies that boobed constantly and screamed whenever I tried to put them down/they would only ever sleep whilst being held. Keeping a tidy house in those early years can be HARD. But now that my children are older, more independent and are capable of helping, things are MUCH easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    This is me too.

3&5 yo in bed by 7 and asleep by 7.30pm 6/7 nights. Only job might be mopping or something easy like mending/sewing etc.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    7.30-9pm depends on them, the day, and what we have for dinner/time we get home/what's on the following day.

We (I) don't do any housework after they go to bed, even if something needs to be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bub 7-730
    5yo 730-8
    4yo usually 9 because no matter how hard we try, he won't fall asleep earlier and comes back out to us.

Dishes are usually washed after everyone is in bed, meaning we don't usually stop cleaning till 930-10. It sux.

The 5yo still expects us to stay with him till he falls asleep, hubby gets home at 630 and so by the time he's eaten and played with the older boys, the washing up has to wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 5years and is in bed anytime between 7.30-8.30. Maybe later on the weekends if we go out/stay up and watch a movie.
    T
    he kitchen/dinner stuff is cleaned up straight after we eat while he's playing or having some dessert so there isn't usually much to do once he's in bed, maybe just putting a load of washing on or hanging it out etc.