+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    My son isnt old enough yet, but yeh id let him. I figure theres worse things to worry about, other battles to fight, whats the point in worry about something harmless like that - as long as he actually wears clothes in public, lol, im not too worried what he actually wears. Plus if it puts a smile on someone elses face thats always a good thing
    As mother of a born nudist your post made laugh. Ds3 is naked the moment he walk in the front door at home.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (24-07-2015),MrsSS  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Absolutely yes I would. He's only little once and there's other battles that are more important. He already likes picking out his own clothes and I love that he's growing his own little personality and dependence.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, we (kids included) always wash new clothes before wearing, and always have.

DSS gets eczema and dust makes it bad enough to split and bleed. And DSD just likes my laundry powder and always has

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePixie View Post
    I wouldn't let DS wear anything without washing it first. All the clothing that comes from overseas is sprayed with huge amounts of chemicals to prevent bugs etc from being brought over as well. Also the inks and dyes are still sitting in the fabric, so washing gets rid of the excess dyes, which are also harmful.
    Isn't some of the stuff from China also sprayed with formaldehyde to stop creasing?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Cardi  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally don't mind what my kids wear, so following on from my previous posts and in answers to some of the comments here about letting kids dress how they want, I have no issues with that or with kids being kids. In fact I'd love my ds yo ask to wear a Spider-Man or batman costume. He just won't / doesnt.

For me, it's that I prefer to wash clothes before my kids wear them, due to chemicals, formaldehyde and dyes etc on the fabrics, plus, I have no issues with kids wearing pj's to the shops or out, except that they get dirty in playgrounds and malls etc, and pj's are for bed. Bed to me needs to be clean at all times. I don't like dirty pj's in bed, especially not in my kids beds.

If I had enough pj's for them to wear one pair out and the other to bed, then that would be fine, but I dont. I normally have 2 in the wash, one is usually wet because ds has wet through his nappy, and one in the cupboard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would probably let my DS wear that particular PJ outfit as you have in your situation OP. Only if he was really insistent about it though (in other words, it wouldn't be my idea). Like many parents, sometimes I make allowances to keep the peace

I'm another who insists on washing new clothes before wearing, but I'd let DS sport something new if it was worn over the top of his existing clothes.

Once again, I'm saddened that a nobody random from the general public thought it was their duty to give their two cents to try and bring someone else down. RUDE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is saved the tantrum totally!
    DS saw some spiderman Pj's at target the other day when we were looking for a Birthday present for his friend, I couldn't afford both so we left without pj's the trantrum was horrendous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For sure! I let me children do all sorts of wild and crazy things that I judge adults for doing...like wearing PJs in public

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    For me, it's that I prefer to wash clothes before my kids wear them, due to chemicals, formaldehyde and dyes etc on the fabrics, plus, I have no issues with kids wearing pj's to the shops or out, except that they get dirty in playgrounds and malls etc, and pj's are for bed. Bed to me needs to be clean at all times. I don't like dirty pj's in bed, especially not in my kids beds.
    this is the aspect that would bother me too. wearing bed clothes out, getting dirty then going to bed in the same clothes = dirty bed. just no, too much work and hassling around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand how the old lady even knew they were pjs! For me, I'd totally let my kids put them on straight away. I insist on washing new clothes before wearing, but over clothes would be fine.