+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation- pill and pregnancy test??

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here so i hope I'm posting in the right place.

I've been on the pill for about 6-7 years and can't wait to be off it. My partner was overseas for 2 weeks a few weeks ago. I had to stop the pill for the monthly week off and decided to leave it for another week since i was alone at home. On the Monday of the second week, i started having some heavy sort of elastic discharge. The gyneco I've seen yesterday said it was a sign that i was ovulating. I've just realised that the on the Wednesday my partner got back and we had sex. He left for the weekend on Friday so i did not take my pill again until the Sunday night.

I know that the fertility window is pretty short but I'm wondering what are the chances of me getting pregnant? When does the ovulation actually take place compared to those discharge? We only had sex once on that Wednesday and i have been on the pill since then.
    It was about 2ish weeks ago. If i was to do a test, how long should i wait before doing it?

Thank you for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If you had sex 2 weeks ago and think you ovulated then, you should get a positive or negative test by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Why do you need to stop taking the pill a week every month? I'm assuming you are ttc since you stop taking it when he was home?

As Mamasupial said, you should get an accurate result now. I got dark lines several days before my period was due.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies.

My pill is a 21 days one with a 7 days break for "periods". We're not yet actively trying no. Knowing that he was only going to be home for one night i didn't bother start it again, that's all. He was coming back from a 10 days trip to Europe and isn't in the best mood when jetlagged. I didn't really think we would have sex that only night

Ok I'll try a test then. Any way of the pill affecting the results?

Thanks a lot for your help - i only though about all this last nighy and my gyneco was going on holidays after our appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you take your pill as you are directed each cycle there shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think as all pills have the days of sugar / inactive pills.
    But if u delay taking the active pills post the inactive ones I thought the pill then didn't become as reliable? Is that what you have done? That's how I read your previous reply, if not then ignore me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is what I've done.
    I don't usually take the sugar/inactive pill since they're inactive. That said i don't usually delay taking the new ones

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation- pill and pregnancy test??

Cool thought so 😊
    There is a chance that your pill may not be reliable, how many days post the inactive ones did you start taking it again?
    A preg test won't be reliable until you are due for you period next - when would that be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being on the pill i don't really have real period but i still have 7 active tablets before the next lot of sugar ones -and potential bleeding. That said i don't always have a bleeding during the inactive ones. So i don't think i can really use that as an indication

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you skipped a week of the pill (other than your usual week break I mean) then your pill will now be ineffective, so even if you took it there is still a chance you would be pregnant.

Take a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies. I'll take a test over the weekend and another one next weekend when I'll be over 21 days