+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Regular Growth Scans

Is anyone else having regular growth scans? I'm almost 24 weeks and had my first today, will be having them fortnightly at the MFM unit and depending how bub is growing, might drop back a little after a few.

Having them as previous 2 were iugr - one at 33 weeks due to Doppler readings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep mine are every 4 weeks though. I'm 30 weeks, have one at 32 weeks and 36 weeks scheduled now (have already had scans at 24 and 28 weeks too), could change to more frequent. Mine are due to low papp-a bloods from our nt scan at 13 weeks, they're looking for evidence of iugr, and to make sure my placenta is functioning properly, and that bub is growing and thriving. So far he's doing well but measuring a little on the small side (34th percentile at 24 weeks, 41st percentile at 28 weeks). I have recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes as well so his size is now being monitored for that also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, mine start from next week, 28 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks due to my weight gain and me having on the larger side babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies

It is so stressful.

I've now had 2 growth scans with more booked. Its been deemed that this little one is growth restricted due to a placental insufficiently.

I feel like its my pregnancy with our daughter all over again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The important thing is that it's being monitored! Sounds like you're being well looked after. I agree it's stressful! I find the worst part is not knowing if/when they will take him out early. Hard to make plans especially with work.

I have my 32 week scan tomorrow, hopefully he's growing on track. I have 4 more weeks left of work, minimal leave and too many bills, so hopefully he'll be staying in for at least 4 more weeks!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

nelljm  (06-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is definitely the most stressful part. I'm a SAHM so don't have to sorry about the work side of things for me and ny husbands work is pretty flexible with the leave situation if need be.. hoping this one stays put until as close to term as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my 32 week scan yesterday, bub has dropped back down to 30th percentile. Guy doing the scan said all was well with placenta and cord blood flow etc, bub is just small. Anxious to see what the OB has to say next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Had my 32 week scan yesterday, bub has dropped back down to 30th percentile. Guy doing the scan said all was well with placenta and cord blood flow etc, bub is just small. Anxious to see what the OB has to say next week.
    Glad all looked well with the placenta! How did you OB appt go? My next scan is this Thursday, I'll be 27+5 by the new dates they insist on using.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelljm View Post
    Glad all looked well with the placenta! How did you OB appt go? My next scan is this Thursday, I'll be 27+5 by the new dates they insist on using.
    They upped my metformin again. Ugh! Next step is insulin.

I was told if his growth has dropped again at my 36 week scan then they will induce at 37/38 weeks. Will just have to wait and see. Waiting game sucks 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. Good luck with your scan!!!