+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Moxy I wasn't being a smart ***. I base my decision to sit in the back of taxis because of the amount of women I've seen assaulted by male taxi drivers.

I've never had a female cabbie so not thought about what I would do if I did.

I rarely if ever catch cabs now but when I did it was always late at night, maybe not as many women drivers do the night shift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer to sit in the back. I've sat in the front before though. It feels a bit personal to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sit in the back, I hate small talk and awkward eye contact 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Always in the back on the opposite side to the driver.
    Bad taxi experience once and a policeman told me afterwards that was the safest spot in the vehicle - safety from the driver anyway.
    Don't know how true it is but I've always done it since
    yep this is where I sit. you can see exactly what they're doing and you have the safety of distance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    @Moxy I wasn't being a smart ***. I base my decision to sit in the back of taxis because of the amount of women I've seen assaulted by male taxi drivers.

I've never had a female cabbie so not thought about what I would do if I did.

I rarely if ever catch cabs now but when I did it was always late at night, maybe not as many women drivers do the night shift.
    I thought it was weird you were picking on me ;-) I've never felt unsafe in a cab. Maybe because whenever I catch them I've had a few wines and feel braver than usual?! This thread has certainly got me reconsidering. Though I have only had positive experiences thus far, and I've caught a *lot* of cabs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Always the back if I'm alone, doesn't matter if it's a male or female driver.

It's not that I feel necessarily "unsafe" in the front I just always sit in the back without thinking, I've always thought you were supposed to, I don't know why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always in the back since one night when i was very drunk, the driver pulled over and grabbed me, rubbed my leg and kissed me on the cheek. Creepy!

That and i dont like making forced conversation that i know the poor guy would have copped 100 times that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back & opposite side to the driver. I feel weird sitting in the front as I don't really encourage conversations. And I feel safer there, can see the driver & meter. I also prefer to book the cab or catch one from a cab rank. Oh & always have handbag on lap & my mobile on & in my hand (surf the web to keep from falling asleep).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always the back. I choose to sit there because I feel safer and it's what I was taught to do as a teen.
    Would be interesting to see what male taxi drivers would actually prefer. In Sydney I've only ever had taxi drivers from non English speaking backgrounds, I've always wondered if any of them actually feel uncomfortable sitting alone in the front with a tipsy girl wearing a mini dress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Always in the back when I'm on my own (regardless of the gender of the person driving) on the left hand side for safety reasons. I once had a bad experience with a cabby who tried to follow my friend and I home to see where we lived when I was in my early 20's (I had him drop us off at the front of the complex and he followed us in the cab as we walked through towards my house so we kept walking to a neighbours a few doors down who was older and built like a brick shizhouse!!! That scared the driver off thankfully).

Another friend had an attempted assault one night coming over to my place (she was slightly inebriated at the time) when I was in my early 30's which just reinforced the safety message even more for me.