+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To stop at 4 or have another?

Just after some opinions, we are due with #4 in October, we have a 6yo (2009) 5yo (2010) and 3yo (2012) - there will be a 3y 8 month gap between our 3yo and this bub. It took about 12 months for me to agree to a fourth but now I can't stop the feeling that I might like another bub after this little man, I'm not sure if I feel done yet. Maybe I will feel differently when this one is born? Anyone been in a similar situation? DH is happy either way....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same after number 3. Didn't feel quiet "content". Luckily, we fell pregnant with number 4 & after having him I felt complete.
    There are days that I sometimes think I would love another baby, but I have to stop being selfish & remind myself that I am 1 of the luckiest mums ever to have my 4 beautiful babies & that in order for me to give them the things they want & need & to be able to spend valuable time with each of them.. 4 is enough.
    In saying this, this is only MY opinion & it's based on our financial situations etc.
    Only you & your husband will know & can decide whether or not to continue adding to your family. But have this bub first & give yourself some time to adjust as a family of 6.. Then decide. Good luck with the birth of this bubby x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait until you've been through all the sleepless nights with number 4 while tending to the older 3 before you make you decision

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with BerryDelicious, I would wait to see how you feel after your 4th is born. When I was pregnant with my 4th I felt 1000% done, she was my last so had my tubes tied. I immediately regretted having that done so 3 years later I had my tubes reversed. We are currently TTCing for number 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I will probably jinx myself for saying this but I've had really easy going babies and great sleepers, our boys slept through the night from 7 weeks and our daughter from birth 😳 I've probably just totally jinxed that 😜

I guess I'm worried as well that our three are very close in age, and have a bigger age gap this time, I guess I will have to see how I feel once bub is born and we are settled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 4 boys. My heart often says it would love another. My head says Hell no! Makes me wonder how many kids it would take before I felt 'done'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4, currently pregnant with number 5. My children's ages when Bub is born will be 13, 10, almost 8 and 5. I have copped a fair amount of negativity and judgement, with comments like " oh but your youngest is just starting school, you are just about to get your life back', and ' how will you afford 5 kids' and my personal favourite ' what about your children's lifestyle, everything will change for them'
    I've never felt that I was finished having babies, my theory was always ' I'll never regret having a baby, I may regret not having one'.
    That said, I'm now quite sure our family will be complete.
    It's a decision that only you can make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the eldest if 11 (that's right 11!) kids, and I feel pretty much done with just my DS!
    Sometimes I think maybe one more, but for right now, these no more babies for my little family haha.

I'd just wait to see how you feel after bubs is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, Mumzy1976 I like your theory!

Wow 11 kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just had baby number 4. Mine are 10 yrs, 3 yrs, 2 yrs and newborn. Dh and I always said we wanted 5 kids, but to be honest, while I THINK I would live another baby, I just don't think I could do it again. It's hard ATM with ds3 only being 7 weeks, but I just dont think I'd have the energy for another any time soon, not to mention pregnancy was really hard this last time around. Also until I started working again, there's no way we could afford it.
    I think you need to wait until after number 4, and see how you feel about it then.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki24 For This Useful Post:

Shells85  (23-07-2015)