+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Maybe time for night weaning then if you know he eats well in the day.

PS that's great about the dairy!!
    I agree with this - I used Jay Gordon's technique for night weaning. It's aimed at breastfeeding, but could be easily adapted to bottle feeding too I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll have to google it. I don't know how he'll cope, he has 2 full bottles each night, that's a lot to drop!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (22-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I'll have to google it. I don't know how he'll cope, he has 2 full bottles each night, that's a lot to drop!
    It's a pretty gentle method about reducing how long they feed for slowly, putting them down awake but sleepy after a feed, cutting feeds out but providing cuddles and comfort in your arms, and eventually leaving them in their cot to settle without a feed. It might be challenging initially, especially if he truly is hungry, but hopefully he will just make up for it during the day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Around that age DD was still having 2 day naps & waking for a bottle once a night.
    I found that putting her to bed at 7 instead of 6:30pm made a big difference, and when I wanted to cut out the night bottle I would get up to her & offer cuddles and water in one of her bottles. She cried for a couple of hours for two nights, and then started to sleep through. These days she'll usually sleep for 12-13 hours overnight, and have one 2hr nap in the middle of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So today I discovered that he has got 2 new teeth that weren't there a couple of days ago. That might explain why the last few nights have been so bad!

I also did his bath earlier than usual so that we could put him down as soon as he showed a tired sign. He started rubbing his eyes at 6:45, put him straight down and he went to sleep without any complaints! So I'm thinking maybe we were pushing him too long at night and trying to do too much just before bedtime.

Hopefully he sleeps better tonight, we'll see.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (22-07-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-07-2015),sajimum  (22-07-2015)