+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    634
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcl View Post
    Hi SummerFun
    I'm in Mt Barker and have a soon to be 5yo daughter and am also due in November. How are you feeling about the age gap? With the 5yo off to school next year I'm feeling a bit anxious about being at home by myself again with a baby.

    Any of the mums on here planning on having their babies at Mt Barker Hospital? If so, are you going public or private with Dr Klomp? I've booked in to just go with the Midwife group practice but I'm still not 100% sure.
    Wow how great some of us live so close! I'm actually stoked with the age gap, my daughter has been so helpful and caring while I've been sick with morning sickness and she's so excited to be a big sister! What about you? I do feel like I've forgotten what to do with a baby though haha!
    My daughter started school this year so it's been a big year already! I'm not sure what I'll do once bubs is here, probably be bored because most of my friends work full time!

    I'm using my OB from last time so going to Calvary but have heard excellent things about Mt Barker maternity, haven't heard anything bad

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

    rmcl  (03-05-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    634
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I am going with Klomp but yet to meet him. Have you met him yet? He's delivered loads of babies I know so feel pretty comfortable from what I have heard.
    I've heard fantastic things about him but have been told he has a particular mannerism/sense of humour that you either love or hate

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

    rmcl  (03-05-2016),WinterJade  (30-04-2016)

  5. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    He definitely speaks as he sees it but is very thorough. I birthed my third at mt barker and loved it! Best experience after having my first two at wch which was also great. The new rooms are fabulous. My one tip is make sure you order everything you can on the menu as its not large servings.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bumpnbaby For This Useful Post:

    rmcl  (03-05-2016),WinterJade  (30-04-2016)

  7. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked
    385
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    I've heard fantastic things about him but have been told he has a particular mannerism/sense of humour that you either love or hate
    Thanks hun. Yep, I agree, I had Antonas and Svigos at Calvary and they both said some bizarre things to me at various times so it's just part and parcel of an older OBGYN lol

  8. #25
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nairne
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    I'm due to have my first baby at Mt Barker in (eek) and have been seeing Andre too. He has a funny manner at times - a dry sense of humour I'd say. But he's always been straightforward and doesn't do anything that doesn't need to be done. So far my pregnancy has been somewhat straightforward (except when he put me on nifedipine for painful contractions at 30w) and as a result my appointments are super quick and I'm out the door before I know it. If something was truly up he's be on it. His name is well known around Adelaide Medical/Nursing circles and people always say how good he is and that he's been catching babies for ever

    Good luck!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emuls For This Useful Post:

    rmcl  (03-05-2016),WinterJade  (03-05-2016)

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    36
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I am going with Klomp but yet to meet him. Have you met him yet? He's delivered loads of babies I know so feel pretty comfortable from what I have heard.
    Yeah I've met him a few times and he also delivered my sister's babies. I found his personality to be a bit unusual, it's hard to explain really. I found it a bit difficult to work out when he was joking and when he was serious. Nothing bad, he's nice and obviously knows what he's doing. The thing I hear the most about him is that you either 'get' his personality/sense of humour or you don't. He delivered both of my sisters babies and she was very happy with him.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcl For This Useful Post:

    WinterJade  (03-05-2016)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    36
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Wow how great some of us live so close! I'm actually stoked with the age gap, my daughter has been so helpful and caring while I've been sick with morning sickness and she's so excited to be a big sister! What about you? I do feel like I've forgotten what to do with a baby though haha!
    My daughter started school this year so it's been a big year already! I'm not sure what I'll do once bubs is here, probably be bored because most of my friends work full time!

    I'm using my OB from last time so going to Calvary but have heard excellent things about Mt Barker maternity, haven't heard anything bad
    Yeah, I think the age gap will be great for my daughter because she's dying for a brother or sister (a sister preferably!). We haven't told her yet so we are really looking forward to doing that. She told me the other day that when we have a baby it's going to sleep in her room and not to worry because she will feed it while I get my jobs done! Like you say, it's going from parenting a fairly independent, fun four/five year old to going back to nappies and night feeds etc. Not to sound negative, because this is a much longed for baby, but it does scare me a little!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    634
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcl View Post
    Yeah, I think the age gap will be great for my daughter because she's dying for a brother or sister (a sister preferably!). We haven't told her yet so we are really looking forward to doing that. She told me the other day that when we have a baby it's going to sleep in her room and not to worry because she will feed it while I get my jobs done! Like you say, it's going from parenting a fairly independent, fun four/five year old to going back to nappies and night feeds etc. Not to sound negative, because this is a much longed for baby, but it does scare me a little!
    That is SO cute of your daughter!
    Yes I feel exactly the same way! Have wanted this baby for a while but thinking about the logistics etc is scary! Lol! My SIL had her second baby 2 weeks ago and when I was holding him the other day I was like eeeek!!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

    rmcl  (04-05-2016)

  15. #29
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Heya! I'm Kristina, I'm 24...I moved to the Adelaide hills in January from Alice springs, I have a 14 month old son Billy- Looking for any mums groups or play groups in the Adelaide hills area...would love any info thanks X

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    634
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristinajayne View Post
    Heya! I'm Kristina, I'm 24...I moved to the Adelaide hills in January from Alice springs, I have a 14 month old son Billy- Looking for any mums groups or play groups in the Adelaide hills area...would love any info thanks X
    Welcome! Where in the hills are you? How do you like it here? I don't really know about mums groups as such but if you're nearby Hahndorf Pre School does a playgroup on Wednesday mornings


 

Similar Threads

  1. Baulkham Hills / Northmead / Winston Hills
    By matleavemum in forum Parramatta
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-11-2015, 07:57
  2. Adelaide Hills Primary Schools
    By SummerFun in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 17:12
  3. Mums in para hills Adelaide :)
    By Rachael94 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-04-2015, 23:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!