Long story short via email ( no formal contract) I've engaged the services of an amazing photographer who I've used numerous times, with no previous issues and nothing to be concerned about. Previously prior to paying full amount we've had a formal contract signed outlining her obligations and mine.
I've now paid more than half for next session but no paperwork, and I'm starting to worry if I should keep paying rest with no contract or just wait. I have asked for a) a contract and b) if there is a time frame to having the final payment in but so far nothing back.
She's had a lot going on she herself has just given birth and her daughter was very sick so I've not pushed the matter, but with 5 weeks until I'm due ( max 6 and half weeks until I deliver) and her meant to be "on call" for me in 2 weeks time ( based on old contract and website info) I'm wondering if I should just keep the remaining amount to the side and not pay weekly until I have a signed agreement. Due to current circumstances I don't wath to be hundreds out of pocket if she can't come ( and we no formal contract in place is she even obligated to)