+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Important message for post natal mummas...

Just wanted to share because I think this can be easily overlooked.

On Sunday (10 days post birth) I was admitted to ICU with post natal pre eclampsia. It started with a headache and as I have bp issues I took my pressure at home. It was 169/108 - pretty high. I was admitted to emergency and put on a magnesium drip for 24 hours with constant cardiac monitoring. I've only just started to improve today. My baby girl was admitted to the nursery, she's still there.

I just wanted to share because a seemingly inocuous headache very quickly became something much more serious and potentially life threatening. I was very lucky I went in before having seizures.

If you have a head ache post natally don't write it off, get your bp checked. Especially if you have a history of high bp or pre eclampsia.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (21-07-2015),misskittyfantastico  (21-07-2015),wobbleyhorse  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here's a link with more info...

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/preeclampsia/postpartum-preeclampsia/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How scary! Glad to hear you are ok, I didn't even realise this was a thing, so definitely important to be aware of!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for sharing! Very scary, glad you're ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    It's scary stuff - so glad you are ok xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    OMG that is so scary. I hope you continue to recovery quick and are home with your little one soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you feel better soon Babyla, this happened to me also. My blood pressure was high while still in hospital but I was discharged. It was only later on being re-admitted via emergency that protein was picked up in my urine.

I know with my experience it was like I wasn't taken seriously and ended up in cardiology on a third visit to emergency.

Take care Babyla & rest up while you can x