+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming to terms with pregnancy

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and it's my first time posting. I am currently about 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby number 6!! The day I found out I cried to hubby because it was unplanned. My youngest is 10 months so I am finding it hard coming to terms. Had anyone got any advise?? Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @LoveLivesHere has 6 children. All planned as far as I know but she may be able to offer some advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    awwwww, I'm sure you are terrified right now, but babe, if you can manage 5 kids, 6 will be a breeze. What a lovely blessing. Sure the first few years will be hard, but once you get past the baby years, you'll love the crazy choas that your (not so) little family brings you.

All the best. Take each day as it comes. You can do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am pregnant with number 4. Unplanned but very much wanted. Little bit of shock and OOPS feeling at first, but now we can't wait. I do agree with previous poster that if you're coping with 5, you'll be ok with 6 too You're already way outnumbered
    Good luck hon, I hope it all goes well for you. After this baby's born send DH for the snip before he comes anywhere near you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am out at the moment but will reply when I get home. I know do know how you feel.
    My story turns out great. My life is so much better for having him in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovely ladies I can absolutely cope with my 5 and I know I could cope with 6, just a big shock. I'm so worried about what our families will say also. I haven't even booked in to see a Dr yet even worried what she will say :/

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

It is hard. families (and people in general) can be just so judgemental over having what they see as 'too many kids' - but its only you and your partner that you have to worry about. As long as you are happy, and provide a loving environment for your children, all is good.

you will be fine. you know you will .... anyone who can handle 5 kids is a saint anyway what is 1 more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! No advice just want to wish you well and try not to listen to the naysayers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by babynumber6 View Post
    Thank you lovely ladies I can absolutely cope with my 5 and I know I could cope with 6, just a big shock. I'm so worried about what our families will say also. I haven't even booked in to see a Dr yet even worried what she will say :/
    Hugs. I know exactly what you mean. My sixth bub was a surprise. We had just been to a uni open day in another state for our eldest when I flew home I did the test and found out we were expecting our ds3. He is the most beautiful boy who brightens everyone day. His sister who moved away for uni and him have the most wonderful relationship.

I actually found something strange happened with my no6. People's attitude changed from negative to positive. People just accepted like it was meant to happen.

The biggest tip I can give you is this.
    When you go to tell someone start of with a super positive statement. Keep all your comments positive. It really makes it harder for people to be negative to wards you if you sound super excited.
    Fake it if you have too. Believe me it will make your life easier.

I am happy to chat anytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Well I think you're an amazing mum! Anyone with more than 2 kids is a saint in my eyes.

I'm glad this thread has been able to make you excited about this pregnancy. As other have said - stuff everyone else who has something bad to say, it's none of their business!